I'm starting to give up on ever finding a Michael Kelly Patriot Glory and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a possibly superior Les Paul-style guitar for $600 or less?
Check out the Xaviere XV-500

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xaviereguitars.html

Great wood, great pups, great price. Since its so cheap, take the extra money you would have spent on something else, and get it set up, mine didn't come set up amazingly. Maybe change the tuners too, but that's all it needs.
You gotta love strats
ibanez ART line
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Check out the ESP LTD series. The higher end ones are pretty good. Plus why haven't u seen the the Epiphone ones?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Check out the ESP LTD series. The higher end ones are pretty good. Plus why haven't u seen the the Epiphone ones?

oh yah....duh

now i feel stupid
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
+1 To Agile Al-3000/3100. Only difference in them is what the inlays are made of. Also, I highly suggest the 3000/3100 slim neck profile. The slim neck is amazing to play on.
My Epi Standard is pretty good, but your best bet would probably be the Agile. I've only heard good things about them.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
try agile from rondomusic.com...or epiphone...those MIJ les pauls are good too...try ESP Edwards or Grassroots...Tokai, Burny, Greco... don't know if you can get them for 600 USD though...
*ahem*

Actually, looking at the specs, that's an amazing guitar for the price. I'd say stick with your original idea, especially since I just found it for you =)
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
*ahem*

Actually, looking at the specs, that's an amazing guitar for the price. I'd say stick with your original idea, especially since I just found it for you =)

If only you had my friend, it's out of stock at Guitar Center. I called every GC in Connecticut, nobody has one and the next shipment (due in August) is already sold out
Epiphone Les Paul Standard. If you want, get the plus top, it looks much better
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by RabidWookie
If only you had my friend, it's out of stock at Guitar Center. I called every GC in Connecticut, nobody has one and the next shipment (due in August) is already sold out

Ah. Well then I'm gonna have to agree with all the Agile suggestions, unless you can find an LTD EC-400VF or EC-500 for $600. They usually go for a little more than that new.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Consider Tursers along with the standard Agile, Epiphone, MIJ and Kelly suggestions.

My JT feels better made than my Epi.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I've got a JT LP clone and it's great.

I've also got a Epi LP Plus top Standard and it's great too.

I've also had an Agile AL-2000. The neck pickup hole was routed crooked. Epic Fail.
Since you live in US, you should check out Agile.

By the way, does anyone have pictures of Ibanez art series guitars?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

+1 to the Hagstrom. I have the Swede, and love it. The Michael Kelly's are the only ones that I think are comparable for the money. Of course I've never seen or played an Agile, so I'm not knocking them. They get good reviews too.

--- D
Quote by RabidWookie
I'm starting to give up on ever finding a Michael Kelly Patriot Glory and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a possibly superior Les Paul-style guitar for $600 or less?

LOL HAhAh there was a michael kelly patriot at my local music store a few mounths ago lol

but yeah get an agile i have an agile al-3100 and its amazing.. you can compare it to a gibby studio
I hear nothing but great things about the Agile guitars but none of the stores around me carry them so I've yet to try one out. How's the material quality on the 3100 compared to a Michael Kelly or a real Les Paul?
I'm looking at a similar dilemma. I'm lining up the Agile AL3100, Hagstrom Super Swede, slightly used ESP LTD EC400VF, and Michael Kelly Patriot Custom. Which is the best for the money?
Why are these guitars so cheap? Are they any good? I wanna get a Les Paul as well, otherwise i will just buy the Epiphone SG Prophecy EX.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
+2 on that hagstrom lol
Hagstrom = BEAST
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
Michael Kelly Patriot or the Hagstrom Super Swede, depending on neck type you like.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah correct me if I'm wrong but the hagstrom has a thiner neck.
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2