i posted a while back about going around sandning off the paint on my guitar. now im buying a hand sander but im having a little trouble finding the right sand paper.

now one guy said that i need to use a 100 to get the paint off, then use a 220, and then finish with 320.

no i can find the 100 and 220 but i have to look around for the 320.

does this sound about what you guys do too? if not please tell me what you use to sand off your paint?

also keep in mind this is an old guitar. thanks
well, that's usually how you sand just about anything. =/
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
I would just use the 100 grit and then the 320 grit. You'll end up sanding too much wood if you were to use all three.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
o ok. is this what you guys use though? jw

but yeah that does make sense. i was asking in that post a while back why are u using 3 when only two are doing majority of the work.
id just go 200 and then the highest number you can find

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
id just go 200 and then the highest number you can find

No, that is a horrible suggestion.

Quote by konkordmusk
I would just use the 100 grit and then the 320 grit. You'll end up sanding too much wood if you were to use all three.

That doesn't make any sense... Its really hard to remove a whole lot of wood if you're paying attention. The whole point of going to 320 is to make a smooth, paintable surface. Skipping from 100 to 320 will take forever to get a smooth surface. That's why we don't start sanding with like 1600 or something.

Going from 100 to 220 to 320 is generally the way you remove finish and prep to apply new finish on most things.

So, yeah go 100, 220, 320. A hardware store should have 320.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I use 60, then 220, then 320. They say 60 will take off too much wood, but if you pay attention to what you're doing its not a problem and its quicker.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
yeah but for this being my first time ill go with 100 so i can take my time and do it right.