Anyone with a newer MIM strat have any complaints about it?
I have a 2006 MIM tele and i have no problem with it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
None here. The fit and finish are fine (one tiny scratch that i can probably not blame on the manufacturer). Sounds great, and the setup was pretty close right out of the box.
I'd buy another.
2007 Fender Mexi-Strat HSS, 1977 Les Paul Custom (under construction), Fender Sonoran AE, 19?? Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Vypyr 75
I have a 2007 and the only problem i have with is the hum, but i am getting new pups for that. And it's not that big of a problem.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
My G and B strings move around in the bridge after heavy playing.
'06 owner. The one I got is perfectly fine, however, one of the ones that I tried had frets that needed to be filed down on the sides.
Quote by Sir Anonymous
'06 owner. The one I got is perfectly fine, however, one of the ones that I tried had frets that needed to be filed down on the sides.

Same here.Thanks to the tech at Guitar Center for pointing that out to me.
2007 Fender Mexi-Strat HSS, 1977 Les Paul Custom (under construction), Fender Sonoran AE, 19?? Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Vypyr 75
Regarding the frets, is it obvious if they need filing? Like, if I run my hand along the top/bottom of the fretabord, will they knick me?
I also own an '06er. I have no complaints. It was already setup real well but I wanted to make it perfect so I paid a professional around town to set it up too. Although I'm not real picky about action, the action on mine was already really good. The frets were filed down good too. I ran my hand up and down the neck and didn't feel any nicks.