So, I went to a local music store called BullMooseMusic about 2 weeks back and, to my surprise, they had a massive vinyl section. As the obsessive fan I am, I went straight to the Nine Inch Nails, and found the "The Hand That Feeds - The Photek Remixes" on the shelf. $4.97 for this wonderful addition to my collection and, now, I'm stuck in a bit of a pickle.

Should I open to it and listen to it? Or should I preserve it and let it build value?
Granted, I never plan on selling my vinyl collection, so allowing it to gain value would be useless.

WHAT SHOULD I DO PIT OHGODCAPS
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
I dunno, is it worth anything now?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
give er a good listening
for 4.75 cd's are more expensive
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
why don't you go get another since it's only $5 and listen to one and keep the other for value
of course listen to it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Listen to it, duh. No offense, but I don't see NIN stuff ever collecting value among the general public. You'd have to get lucky and find an obsessed fan in like 50 years who would shell out for that thing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Jekkyl
Granted, I never plan on selling my vinyl collection, so allowing it to gain value would be useless.

You kind of answered your own question...
So, funny thing is, I actually opened it and put it on the turntable before I got any responses. I must say this - "The Hand That Feeds" sounds realllllly good on vinyl.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Quote by drunkinkoala
You kind of answered your own question...

*stares at avatar for an hour*

I wish I could get my hands on those NIN records.....
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Keep it and download the tracks off the net. It's legal if you have a purchased copy.
Quote by Thornography
Keep it and download the tracks off the net. It's legal if you have a purchased copy.

Already had the tracks. I just love having the actual DJ singles. And, I'm one of those weird people who prefer vinyl over digital tracks.

EDIT - and the fact that I prefer the full-length version of "Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos" by Public Enemy compared to the Greatest Hits version.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Last edited by Jekkyl at May 26, 2008,