Hey Guys. I am 14 and a huge Pete Townshend (who ) fan . What kind pedals is there to replicate his live sound circa 1969-1971? (shows like woodstock, live at leeds, etc. } I already have an boss od-2 overdrive/distortion pedal which is great, and a crate g102c xl amp. What settings should i set my pedal and amp to? Should i set my epiphone sg into rythym or trebble setting? and is there any other suggestions about replicating pete live sound?

Thank You,
Colin
i thought it said Pete Wentz....

....I better get out now....
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
bud, it's gonna be ur AMP that needs to do most of the work. and ur amp will NOT do it nicely. you need a cranked british voiced amp that doesn't get heavily distorted, but really crunchy. like a plexi type crunch. that and P-90 pups on an SG will do you well.

that's all my advice i can give as i'm not a huge Pete tone follower!

everyone's gonna tell you to get a new amp, and they'll be right. don't try to trick urself into thinking you'll get the tone w/o the right amp, that's the biggest part of his tone other than his fingers.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Didn't he use a Gretsch of some sort for recording?

Um, yeah, some sort of British-voiced amp (he used HiWatts, yes?), tube, something of a low enough wattage to overdrive without destroying your ears....maybe some humbucker-sized P-90s for your Epi SG....you've got a G-400?
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
when i saw them live a few years ago, it looked like pete was using Fender Super-Sonics

could be wrong though

but the supersonics rock anyways, try them out
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
He's using Vibro King combos at the moment, I counted 8 of them

TS - you need an amp, simple as. What to get depends on how much money you have, try one of the 20 watt Sound City combos if you can find one.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73899
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
He's using Vibro King combos at the moment, I counted 8 of them

TS - you need an amp, simple as. What to get depends on how much money you have, try one of the 20 watt Sound City combos if you can find one.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73899

+1.
The 20W sound city combo would be a great option, or maybe even a smaller wattage SC combo.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
+1.
The 20W sound city combo would be a great option, or maybe even a smaller wattage SC combo.

I wouldn't get a new one, they're not so good.

Get a decent British voiced tube amp, a nice OD/Fuzz (he used Vintage MIJ Boss OD-1s, they sound nothing like the ODs Boss make today, and a Univox Superfuzz).
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
I wouldn't get a new one, they're not so good.

Get a decent British voiced tube amp, a nice OD/Fuzz (he used Vintage MIJ Boss OD-1s, they sound nothing like the ODs Boss make today, and a Univox Superfuzz).
I know somebody with the Sound City head and it sound great. It's just let down by the stock speakers more than anything, and the valves could be better.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Sendrith
when i saw them live a few years ago, it looked like pete was using Fender Super-Sonics

could be wrong though

but the supersonics rock anyways, try them out

I know he uses Vibro Kings, or at least claims to be in the Fender catalogue I have. Pete has used quite a few amps. I know during the classic Who era, his amps of choice were Sound City and Hiwatts (pretty much upgraded Sound City amps).
The Vibro King must be ace though, because I can't understand why anyone who has his own custom Hiwatt model would choose to use anything else.
Global warming at my homework, sir.
And when you get the right amp, remember to windmill...
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by Tele Echoes
I know he uses Vibro Kings, or at least claims to be in the Fender catalogue I have. Pete has used quite a few amps. I know during the classic Who era, his amps of choice were Sound City and Hiwatts (pretty much upgraded Sound City amps).
The Vibro King must be ace though, because I can't understand why anyone who has his own custom Hiwatt model would choose to use anything else.

Yeah, he uses a couple of VibroKing models now.
I got a Marshall lead 100 mosfet head, and a crate cab. And now am using a gibby sg special. i think this will do.