Poll: How do you feel about "Bro's Before Ho's"?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about "Bro's Before Ho's"?
Not true. My woman take priority.
38 33%
For sure. The guys always know whats up.
76 67%
Voters: 114.
Page 1 of 2
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine last night about this saying.

He has had a girlfriend for several months now, and he says "The bro's before ho's saying is just a line made up by jealous single men" and claims his girl takes priority over his friends. I took offense to it.

In my experience, my bros have always had priority of friendship over my girlfriend.

Maybe my perspective will change when I get older and date to marry, but right now... Bros before Ho's sounds pretty right.

How do you feel about the term?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I have never had a ho
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
fuck that shit

If I'm already out with friends, there's no way I'd ditch them to go hang with my (nonexistent) girlfriend. And same vice-versa.
Your friends were (likely) there first, therefore they take priority.

When I get another girlfriend, she'll have to take a backseat to my friends. However, bro's before hoe's DOESN'T mean that you can cancel plans with your girl and make new ones with your friends.
Quote by ckellingc
Do YOU have a vagina?

Yeah. But it's not on my own body.
-Jim Morrison
in my book

Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
i think it matters with the situation, like if your choosing between a lifelong friend and a girl you just started going out with, obviously the friend is you priority
but if you are really (and i mean really) serious with a girl, its understandable to make her a priority.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
My girlfriend is not a ho.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Well that depends, which one is pleasuring me orally this week?

In all seriousness though, it depends on the friends. If you think you're friends are influencing you in a bad way, you're girlfriend should be the priority, and you should just get away from the friends anyway.

Assuming everyone's cool though, I think it really depends on who he's closer with. Are you two childhood buds or something like that, while they've only been dating a month?
Quote by Doolittle
I always looked at dat phrase as a 12 year old mentality.

It probably is... situational changes can make the statement irrelavant.

But still.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Doolittle
I always looked at dat phrase as a 12 year old mentality.

Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I keep my bros and hos on equal standing.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
My girlfriend is my first priority. Friends come after.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
a good friend encourages his friend to go get some
bros before ho's is pretty damn homosexual
I want Super Saiyan abilities
last time I had a girlfriend I had just moved to town, so I didn't have any other real friends to worry about. I don't know how I'd handle it now.
This is awesome. Votes are at 50:50. I'm surprised.

Keep it up.
-Jim Morrison
Most of my good friends are female, so that phrase doesn't relly apply to me if interpreted literally. However, if I were to somehow get a girlfriend ( ...) I think my older friends would take priority over her unless it was a serious relationship (possibility of marrige, etc).
kill all humans
For me hoes before bros come in when the girl is hot and puts out, a lot. otherwise bros before hoes.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
It depends, if your really good friends with the guy and the girlfriend is just some girl your going out with for now chances are the friend should be more important to you. If the girl is in a very serious relationship with you and the friend isn't someone that you are really, really good friends with then the girl comes first. If its a serious relationship and its a really really good friend then a reasonable understanding should easily be come by between all 3 people.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
I used to have the whole "bros before hos" concept, but then i found out it was pointless to give up someone that wants to be with you for friends that would bail on you.

Your mind will change once you find someone you really love. Someone its hard to be apart from. Mine did.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
I'm a girl, so I guess for me it's chicks before dicks.

And in any case, it depends on who you're closer with. If it's some girl who you don't know very well vs. your lifetime guy friend, guy takes the lead. However, if it's a long-term relationship and some friend you've had for a month, the girl obviously comes first.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

the way i see it is: If its my GIRLFRIEND, she is in no way, shape, or form a HO. Therefore bros do not come first.

if it is just some girl, then sure ill ditch her for my friends.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
It sort of depends. Here are some examples:

1. It's a thursday night and you are making plans for the weekend. Your longtime friend wants to chill or whatever but then you meet this girl and she wants to hang with you. Pick your friend.

2. You are at a parish festival or a party of sorts or whatever and you and your bro meet some chicks and you think you got a chance with one of them. But your friend is like "d00d letz ride da ferriz wheel". **** that. Get pussy. End of story.

I'm high as a kite so excuse any grammatical errors and whatever.
Boobs before Noobs
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Women: for teh secks and sammiches.

Friends: for teh lulz.

I'm sorry, had to say it. I'm immature. lol
Get a Carvin. Do it.
I'd say half and half. If you don't hang with either, they'll both leave you. My girlfriend always keeps me on the ropes as do my friends.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
girlfriend means too many things. If you've been dating a lady for a few months, your lifelong friends are obviously more important. If you've made your girlfriend into your best friend via a real long term relationship then she officially falls into the "bros" catagory and you don't have to worry about hos anyway.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Maybe my perspective will change when I get older and date to marry, but right now... Bros before Ho's sounds pretty right.

this is how it should be.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I think the saying applies more in the situation, you don't bail on your friends to chase a woman. But if relationshipping is involved, you treat them all equally, don't cancel plans with anyone for anyone else, that's just lame/\.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Around these skanky parts brothers and *****s are not to be trusted. So it's more "guitar, before established relationships. "
Quote by GibsonRocker14
the way i see it is: If its my GIRLFRIEND, she is in no way, shape, or form a HO.

Bitches ain't **** but hoes and tricks!
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Teh1337Hax0rz
Bitches ain't **** but hoes and tricks!

Bro's before Ho's, brah!
I recently noticed that it's really easy to say Bros Before Hos when you're not in a relationship, but once you get a girlfriend, it's really a mixed bag.

It really does depend on the situation, but recently for me it's been the girlfriend, don't know why, cause my friends mean the world to me. But saying Bros Before Hos, feels insulting towards my lady, Haha.

I'm weird. xD
Page 1 of 2