So I just got some adds about Guitar Center's Memorial Day sale. Does anyone know if they get good deals on Memorial Day? Or is it just over hyped?

I'd be willing to check out some overdrive pedals or something, anyone else plan on going?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Its defenitly not just hype. Stuff really does get marked down. Not a huge amount but some. Its to much trouble if you ask me. Big crowds and long lines filled with dousche bags who think they **** on Eric Johnson and John Petrucci.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I'll try to go in tomorrow (the family's going furniture shopping, and since I trust them to buy good furniture, I'll try and convince them to drop me off at the mall GC is in), though I won't be buying anything. There's something locally that demands my attention.

And yeah, long lines and douchebaggery are likely.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
^ Yeah I definitely noticed the long lines on Thanksgiving, but I don't mind those. As far as douchebaggery...well....if I can get a ProCo Rat or something discounted it'll be worth it.

Just hope there's some good stuff on sale, instead of them offering random payment plans on Gibsons like always.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

If it's anything like GC's Thanksgiving sale, it should be legit. Got my C-1+ for 20% off their sticker price. It was a fresh guitar from the back too, not a floor model. The guys were awesome to all of us waiting on line too - they brought us coffee and donuts. Pretty sweet.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ Yeah I definitely noticed the long lines on Thanksgiving, but I don't mind those. As far as douchebaggery...well....if I can get a ProCo Rat or something discounted it'll be worth it.

Just hope there's some good stuff on sale, instead of them offering random payment plans on Gibsons like always.

Ah, the Rat is pretty brilliant, from what I hear. If it's good enough for Jeff Beck, it should be good enough for you.....oh, wait, you're a Page fan.....maybe I shouldn't have gone there....oops...
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I think the better question here will be Memorial day vs. July 4th? Which one will have a better sale prices. Is it worth the wait? Etc.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
I think the better question here will be Memorial day vs. July 4th? Which one will have a better sale prices. Is it worth the wait? Etc.

Interested in this as well.
^^ Yeah I got 20% off of my Vox ad30vt two years ago for the July 4th sale and my Peavey C50 was half price on Thanksgiving. I guess we'll find out tomorrow or atleast I will if I can wake up early enough.

Quote by Wulver
Ah, the Rat is pretty brilliant, from what I hear. If it's good enough for Jeff Beck, it should be good enough for you.....oh, wait, you're a Page fan.....maybe I shouldn't have gone there....oops...

No worries, I like Beck quite a bit (just happen to like Page a pinch more )

My amp gets all the Zep and hard rock i'd want but the DS-1 is a bit harsh so i'm hoping something like the Rat can cover for it.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at May 26, 2008,
I went in there today to talk to them about a payment plan on a VK head. They said they'd give it to me for 450 but they said they'd do that anytime for me (I know the store and guitar manager).

If anyone is interested in any tube Marshall half stacks. Tomorrow should be the day to pick one up. I'm not sure if it's a specific model or not but my understand was that it could be any high end Marshall half stack. But one of those, get a Gibson Faded LP for FREE. Not the best guitar but you could sell it and basically get a $900 rebate.
When's The List sale? That's the only one worth going to imo. Something in every price range, for anyone that would possibly be in there is on sale.

I got a Boss Loop Station last year for $80 and sold it for $150

Also got my Jackson DXMG there a few years ago for $150 off plus a free amp, cord, strings and strap and then sold it a few months later for only $10 less than I paid for it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 26, 2008,
Quote by MatrixClaw
When's The List sale? That's the only one worth going to imo. Something in every price range, for anyone that would possibly be in there is on sale.
Labor Day. I've bought something major two years in a row at that sale. Got a brand new Peavey Classic 50 for about half off last year and a Fender 12 string listed at $400 for about $90 after a set up two years ago.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Well the sale was a bit of a disappointment here.

I came in later so any of the really good stuff was probably gone, anywho there were some great marked down guitars but there were almost no pedals or amps at all. Just line 6's and Boss.

The Peavey Classics and Blackhearts were nowhere to be seen.

Wait a couple days, there'll be another GC sale.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
picked up a schecter hellraiser c-1 with ofr for 600. no lie. it came out to like 750 with case, new strap and tax. all that included is still 100 less than the price of the guitar alone. twas a steal if i do say so myself
GEAR:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi Les Paul (modded with EMG 81/85, various other things)
Boss Looper
Member of UG's Hatecrew!
Quote by ipodmania7
picked up a schecter hellraiser c-1 with ofr for 600. no lie. it came out to like 750 with case, new strap and tax. all that included is still 100 less than the price of the guitar alone. twas a steal if i do say so myself

Holy hell, they've really jacked up the price on those things. They were cheaper than an EC-1000 when I bought mine.

My GC had a used one in mint condition in there for $500 last time I went, I shoulda bought it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Bah, fudge on GC's sales. I can save that much on CL, and get to avoid the lines and meet cool people. But my GC is pretty poor, so feh.
I find GC's sales to be pretty good- as long as theey lowered what I am looking for. I generally save up for sales as I get better deals.
I like their sales last march. I saw a Peavey classic 30 for $300, when i went yesterday it way $370, i was very disappointed. But i did realize that Peavey Classic is have a better gain than the Palomino, though i like the Clean on the Palomino, IMO/taste. The VK gain was more amazing to me than the Classic, some say they don't have a good gain but it was awesome. Though this also made me realize that my Boss GT-8 combine with an Imotion (which is an ipod dock, with some small speaker, i run a cable kind of converter thing) have better gain than both and the cleans are up their with the two. So now i decided that the only amp for me to look for now is a Mesa Mark IV.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I stopped by in the afternoon, but didn't buy anything. Most intriguing offer I saw was a free Gibson Les Paul or SG (I'm guessing faded) with the purchase of any amp $1799 or higher. I lingered around a Lone Star for a bit to try and justify it, but I just couldn't do it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^
I was tempted to buy this used Ampeg there (all tube with tremolo like an AC30), forgot the brand but it sounded great, there was also a used Traynor YCV50 Blue. Both of them seemed to have some sound fluctuations though and the condition of the Ampeg didn't seem too great.

Leave it to GC to take good care of gear.
Maybe I just used the amp wrong, it's hard to tell what switches your hitting when the amp is in a shelf.

i got a $52 strap for $26...hellz yeah
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I got my PRS SE Custom for $300 out the door
My Gear