Hellraiser FR or Hellraiser Non-FR. Hmmmm.

Which? I'm so torn. The floyd would provide me with a completely new tool for expression, allow spice into solos, make chords a little more interesting, and just fun to **** around with. It also allows me to alter every string's action individually.

The hardtail on the other hand has much better sustain, and the tuning and restringing ease is unparallel. Though, the action can't be single string adjusted.

Which should I get?

This is completely ignoring the price difference.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
id say the 1 with the floyd... if you get it and dont like it you can just get the floyd blocked but if you have the hardtail you can only have regrets

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
hard tail,
in the end most people wind up not using their floyd's
and floyds cant do drop tunings as well as hard tails
I don't even shred
Quote by Nebjy
hard tail,
in the end most people wind up not using their floyd's
and floyds cant do drop tunings as well as hard tails

they can (from my exp. if the are blocked... not as well but close)

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
go for hardtail if you think you would probably end up blocking the trem. hardtail has better sustain than FR.
It's mostly preference, but I'd get the hardtail.

If you play a lot music by whammy-bar users, then you can probably get by without. And if you play mostly your own stuff, then you can try to make some silly claim that you're not as much of a wanker. If you're going to use it to it's full potential, get the FR.

I mostly use FRs to determine the odds of a guy being a tool, nowadays.
Last edited by Flying Couch at May 26, 2008,
unless you really plan on doing something with the fr (not sheepishly wiggling the thing around and bending some notes) get the hardtail.
yes you can block it but really, a hardtail will save you alot of troubles.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
you usually can adjust each strings action with newer hardtails. on gibsons its called "tune-o-matic" im guessing the schecter has the same thing. my friend was a huge believer that FR was perfect until he played my epiphone.... now he wishes he didn't spend 1k on his jackson dinkyw/ skulls. all-in-all you have to make sure you're going to use the trem a lot. most small pitch bends and whatnot can be achieved by increasing pressure just a tad on your guitars neck. dive bombs are a different story. it all depends on what you need.
go with the floyd rose version. if you don't mind tinkering with guitars, thats a pretty cool thing to tinker with haha...gives you a lot more options for lead too. as other people said, you can have it blocked and it will work like a hard tail. hope that helps
Quote by Flying Couch

I mostly use FRs to determine the odds of a guy being a tool, nowadays.

I resent that comment. I like to believe I use my Floyd tastefully, listen to Limelight by Rush, tell me the tremolo action in the solo isn't tasteful, and it's way to much for the average strat to handle.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
I resent that comment. I like to believe I use my Floyd tastefully, listen to Limelight by Rush, tell me the tremolo action in the solo isn't tasteful, and it's way to much for the average strat to handle.
Not saying they aren't useful, or bad. Rush is one of my favorite bands.

It's just that most amateur guitarists that I know with Floyds are either afraid to use it like they should, or have no concept of restraint.
Well, I'm still torn. I'm kinda leaning towards the Floyd simply because i have a gutiar without one right now, and I'd like to have my options open...on the other hand...I'm just not sure.

As for adjusting each string's action individualy, I'm not sure what you mean.

My AL-2000 has a Gibby LP style bridge system, and I can only lower or raise the left and right sides in general, not each string. Unless I'm completely stupid...
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by Flying Couch
It's just that most amateur guitarists that I know with Floyds are either afraid to use it like they should, or have no concept of restraint.

+1 Very true words.
Go with the Floyd.......I'm thinking the same as you......But I'm looking into buying a little device called the Tremel-No.......Check it out dude, it looks pretty useful!
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
its a matter of taste friend.

if this is going to be your only guitar get the hardtail. if you have other guitars fool around with your alternate tunnings with them and keep the FR in standard.

i hardly use a trem so i hate my Floyd though its cool you can vibrato one string at a time.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Personally, I'd go with a floyd. if you want sustain, get a Sustainer System =D

...but thats just me of course
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
it depends, if you already have a hardtail i'll go with the floyd. Go with hardtail if it's you first, cuz you can easily restring it during a gig and such
i would get the fr because im gassing for a c-1HRFR
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H