Page 1 of 2
I never thought anyone could absolutely destroy an Eddie Van Halen SOLO...until I heard fall out boys version of "Beat It"...WOW

I figured I'd listen to see if they did a decent cover or not....for me it was like listening to a stand up comic who was so bad that you laughed out of pity.
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
...and even knowing that it was fallout boy, you still thought it might have been decent?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
...and even knowing that it was fallout boy, you still thought it might have been decent?

+1 why would you even let something such as this tarnish your interpretation of Van Halen's epicness?
john mayer plays the solo and he is a great guitar player, his music sucks and he is a tool, but he can play very well, watch the crossroads DVD, there is a reason he got invited, i havent heard this song though...so idk
Well, Fall Out Boy didn't even record that solo. John Mayer did it for them. So technically, they didn't butcher it. But I'd rather they would have instead of John Mayer.

Edit: ^ dang, already beaten to it.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
I'm pretty sure they only did the "Michael Jackson parts" of the song, seeing as how they didn't attempt the solo.

fob had nothing to do with the solo. john mayer did it....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77

fob had nothing to do with the solo. john mayer did it....

I was about to say that.

to be honest i like it... it's not like he's trying to replicate Van Halen, instead he just borrows a bit from his style.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Well I love John Mayer...amazing musician...but he screwed up BIG TIME on that solo.
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
Quote by mdlarry7
john mayer plays the solo and he is a great guitar player, his music sucks and he is a tool, but he can play very well, watch the crossroads DVD, there is a reason he got invited, i havent heard this song though...so idk

Seriously? He's like the funniest guy in music. And his music is amazing.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Omg, what kind of f***ing solo is that? That was just random bends followed by tremolo at the end. Not to mention that the band didn't even add anything new to the song (not like that's a bad thing). And on top of all that, the video just mocks the original, instead of honoring it.
It was john mayer and he ****ed up the solo bad. He should of just covered eddies one
Quote by QuiatFat
+100

Many of you are hating it just cause it's FOB.

Quote by TooFast
Seriously? He's like the funniest guy in music. And his music is amazing.

there arent enough + points to give both of you.
some dude on this site said that the solo sucked, i told him it was john mayer, and then he said he went back and listened to it, and said it actually wasnt too bad.

i liked the solo too. but probably just cause john mayer is my favorite guitar player.
the cover was amazing. best thing fall out boy has ever put out for sure.
i didn't like that.........at all. from the vocals to the solo....just bad. opinion of course.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I hate fob, but i actually liked the song. The solo is a bit weird but still good imo. The only thing i really hated are the vocals (not that he's a bad singer, it's just his voice i don't like).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
lulz solo must have been too hard for fall out boy

lulz

lol

ahahhaa

losers.

Quote by lceman13
You have nice hair!

I never thought anyone could absolutely destroy an Eddie Van Halen SOLO...until I heard fall out boys version of "Beat It"...WOW

I figured I'd listen to see if they did a decent cover or not....for me it was like listening to a stand up comic who was so bad that you laughed out of pity.

Lets all jump on the bandwagon.....
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by mdlarry7

Have you heard any of his later stuff? Continuum's one of the best post-blues albums I've heard.
john mayer purposely fucked it up to match with the shittiness of fall out boy. ever thought of that?
Quote by mdlarry7

+ a billion

JM= Major tool and bad singer
JM also= Great guitarist

Aside his skills, I still don't like him.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
+ a billion

JM= Major tool and bad singer
JM also= Great guitarist

Aside his skills, I still don't like him.

where do people even get that idea?
The only reason you're saying this is because it's FOB. If it wasn't them, you'd be fine with it. Get over it. IMO, Mayer's solo is pretty good.
Why is John Mayer a tool? Are you sure you haven't taken him seriously when he's taking the piss out of himself?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I actually don't mind John Mayer's solo. Sure, it's not as great as the original but I thought it was pretty good. Aside from that, it was actually a pretty good cover.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
It was an OK cover. Mayer could have done sooo much better. I hate the dude's voice and the rest of the song was basically a copy of the original. -_-
I like Mayer and I don't mind FOB, and I think that the cover was good, and the solo was alright.

Not going to rush out to listen to it again though..
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I liked the song, the vocals and music were good, well at least until the solo, I think John Mayer messed it up really badly, that's just my opinion though.
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

I can imagine them doing it live;

The solo bit rolls around and they all kinda stare at eachother as its overdubbed, as they're all too ham fisted to attempt anything other than bare chords.

And pete wentz is a c*nt.
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by cloud041089
john mayer purposely fucked it up to match with the shittiness of fall out boy. ever thought of that?

They Looked like Tokio Hotel Rejects. Just bad overall
the song's pretty good but I always thought the solo seemed a bit rushed and not well thought out ...

WangmasterHizzl .... it actually started out as a live cover ... something they were just messing around with and 'cause of the buzz it got they decided to release it
it should've stayed that way 'cause the vid sucks
Page 1 of 2