hi has anyone had experience with the hk duotone 100 watt and the swichblade. which one has more versatility and which one has better tone. i'm open to any other brand and models as well. oh btw i'm most likely are going to run them though celestion vintage 30 or g12

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Duotone-100W-Tube-Head?sku=480448

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Switchblade-100-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=481983
I'd go for the duotone. They're both VERY versatile though!
In the end the duotone looks better live too though.
Signatures are overrated.
Had the switchblade for a weekend to test. Not my idea of a decent head sorry. It was lacking balls in opinion. I think you would be much happier with a rivera or the mesa stiletto.
I went with the knucklehead because for the money I don't think theres anything better.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
haha yeah the blue led are very very attractive. however the switchblade offers 128 presets and 4 channel. tuning knobs aren't exactly my cup of tea every time i want to switch to a different sound. and im not exactly a big fan of pedals
The duotone would be good for you then.
It has what, 4 channels?
Signatures are overrated.
i tested out the stiletto at at gc and even the tech couldn't get a decent tone out of it. as for the rivera i found one for 1500. but it only offers 55watt!!. but i won't know til i test it out. does gc or sam ash carry that brand?
The stiletto is a mesa boogie after all. It takes more than just a few knob twists to dial them in.Have got a lot of positive feed back from the ones that have gone out the door. You would just have to to the rivera site to find dealers. The tre is 120 watts. And I can't believe you would call someone a tech at GC. Just kidding.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
haha yeah i'm beginning to doubt their experience myself. ok it seems i have one more amp to add to the list of choices. the hughes and kettner trilogy head. it has 4 channel and i think 128 preset just like the swichblade but also offers the cool blue led look
Quote by Moe.
The duotone would be good for you then.
It has what, 4 channels?

no it has 2 channel sadly, a clean and overdrive.
Personally I liked the Switchblade. I found it to be very versatile, easy to work with, and great sounding. I found the Duotone to be better at what it did than the Switchblade, but versatile as it is, it's still limited in scope compared to the Switchblade.

Perhaps you should meet halfway between the Switchblade and the Duotone and look at the Trilogy.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
ok i narrowed it down to the trilogy and the switchblade. i really like how the switchblade can do 128 presets and have delays and other stuff build right in, while the trilogy might offer better tone and has athat awesome blue led glass front but i dont know if it has the same versatility.