hi
can you tell me why it is said that the fifth degree of scales are best note after the tonic
what is so special about fifth degree ?
and second question how do you create progressions ? i know some of them like I - IV - V -I and these ordinary ones but how can i ceate my own progression ?
any theorical rule ?
There are no THE RULES, just some directions :

These are the chords from major scale:

I ii iii IV V vi vii(dim).

In the key of C major it would be: C Dm Em F G Am Bdim. The major scale haves the most ''regular'' sound, so you can play around with that.

I'll give you some interesting progressions:

ii - V - I (very jazzy)
V7 - i (try throwing this part in other progressions)
i - bVI - IV.

Small letters - minor
Big letters - major.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by dimebag1d
Can you tell me why it is said that the fifth degree of scales are best note after the tonic? What is so special about fifth degree?
The fifth scale degree is called the "dominant", and rightly so.

In the overtone series this dominant tone, also known as the third harmonic or second overtone, trails only the octave in its fundamental relationship to the tonic. The overtone frequency ratio looks like this (up to the 5th):

unison: 1-1
octave: 2-1
fifth: 3-2

This fundamental, low-level frequency relationship to the tonic causes the ear to like the 5th very much. The relationship between these two tones is also responsible for the 5th's very strong tendency to resolve to the tonic.

In short, the fifth scale degree, relating as strongly as it does to the tonic via the harmonic series, is the second-most important tone in the diatonic universe. It both strengthens the tonic when part of a chord, and plays an extremely important role in harmony / chord resolution. Long live the Dominant!
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.