I have a Yamaha eg 112 guitar and I was break a Tone potentiometar. Enyone knows which one i must buy (which type and how many ohm)
Please answer sameone
You'd need an A250K pot, or 500k, depending on how much treble you want in your sound.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
as in brighter? then 500k- although 250k comes as standard on most guitars with strat style pickups
no!!!! you need a b pot there the linear ones used for tone!!!! a pots are for volume!!! its generally 500 k if you've got hum buckers and 250 if you've got single coils
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
wait....what?
to my knowledge pot values dont affect your tone as much as the capacitors you stick on them
am I wrong?

my strat has 500k pots, and its not a fat strat either
I changed out hte capacitors and I noticed a seriously reduction in treble, which was my intention.
when I went from 250k to 500k there wasnt much of a difference in tone, I changed them because they were old not for any other reason really :P
250k knobs tame the brightness of single coils apparently
Quote by Deliriumbassist
500K Ohm pots have a slightly "brighter" sound than 250K Ohm pots as they place less load on the pickup. Therefore, 500K pots are more commonly used with humbuckers. 250K pots are often used with single coils as they can temper some of the shrill brightness. However, both values are interchangeable and can used according to taste.

i got confuseded
Quote by Deliriumbassist