I’m looking for a chorus that would work well with the following rig:

· ESP LTD Viper 400 (with EMG PU’s)
· ENGL Screamer Head/Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12” cab
· Fulltone Deluxe Clyde Wah
· ISP decimator g-string
· Line 6 DL4 Delay
· MXR 10 band eq
· MXR Phase 90

Something that will go really well with distortion as well as clean. To give an idea of what I’m looking for, I’ve played the Chorus model from the Line 6 Flextone III combo. In the manual this model is described as a mix of the Roland CE-1 and the TC Electronic SCF. I don’t know much about these 2 pedals but I’ve heard of the following:
· arion SCH-1
· Boss CH-1 or CH-5, or dimension C
· Ibanez cs-9
· Digitech Chorus Factory
· Jacques Meistersinger
· Analogman chorus
· Small Clone
· dod FX65

would any of these be what I’m after? I play stuff similar to tool, deftones, muse, incubus etc etc
cheers
Out of those I would reccommend the Small Clone. Its quite a compact pedal which has a lot of variation to making different sounds. But really, you should try some out in a guitar store or something first, and see what you like.
the small clone sounds good but alot of people have a drop in volume when turning the pedal on, i get this with both my amps if i have the pedal in the fx loop, i have about a 25% drop in volume with the jubilee and almost 50% with the dsl and it sounds like a blanket has been put over the amp, this is on the od channels though, on the clean channel its fine, i have now put it infront of the amps and it has no drop in volume

forget to say, mines has a bit of a hiss when i turn the volume on the amp up fairly loud, think iv seen a few people complain about that aswell, so maybe the small clone isnt so good afterall
Last edited by scottish nutter at May 26, 2008,
i heard paul gilbert live a while ago and was quite amazed at the sound of the homebrew three hounds chorus. my friend with me said "wow, you need one of those blue pedals." (or something like that)

and yeah hes a drummer...
Quote by no_thing101
i heard paul gilbert live a while ago and was quite amazed at the sound of the homebrew three hounds chorus. my friend with me said "wow, you need one of those blue pedals." (or something like that)

and yeah hes a drummer...

anyone else know much about this pedal?
Quote by sideshowlinc
anyone else know much about this pedal?

ive searched ug and i cant find anything

ive heard the soundclip on their website and it is aurgasmic. youtube seems to have nothing on it. maybe try harmony central?
if you want to try something new, and if chorus is an effect you use alot you might want to try one of these

http://store.guitarfetish.com/onchfrluchto.html

i've had good experiences with the company that makes them, and they're really cheap cause you dont have the cost that's spent on the casing
Quote by Def
if you want to try something new, and if chorus is an effect you use alot you might want to try one of these

http://store.guitarfetish.com/onchfrluchto.html

i've had good experiences with the company that makes them, and they're really cheap cause you dont have the cost that's spent on the casing

wow, so that actually goes on your guitar? thats pretty snazzy...
Quote by no_thing101
wouldnt that be even more expensive than a pedal cause you have to install it?

guess, depends on how good you are at wiring this stuff. shouldnt be much for a technician as theres only one bit that needs soldering. but technicians do rip people off alot. and gfs in my experience make excellent quality products on the cheap