What scales should I learn to play and write some thrash and other various metal?

I don't know much about keys and that sort of thing, but if you could gimme something to google or a link of what i should practise, it'd be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Quote by farcry
you realize your gonna be high, in school. I suggest bringing music
Minor Harmonic and Minor Melodic I would say
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
any, its not the scale but how you aply it
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by ChemicalFire
Minor Harmonic and Minor Melodic I would say

i 2nd this, also major scale works sometimes, depends on chord progression though
Cheers dudes
Quote by farcry
you realize your gonna be high, in school. I suggest bringing music
Learn really weird ones, they're the best. The weirder the name (and the more x's and y's in it) the better the scale is for metal. Otherwise you're just gonna end up sounding boring.
it depends how you song flows. I tend to start of with a minor scale like A E and B and with solos i tend to switch between melodic minor, and harmonic minor
natural minor, harmonic minor, phrygian and locrian are all good
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
any scale would go on any kind of music, its all about the rhytem your playing it.
it really depands on what the song calls for, say if you want a middle eastren sounding solo you would use an harmonic minor/major or phryigian/phrigian major scales.
learn them all and learn to apply them where you want.
Blues scales can come in handy for thrash too. Listen to some older metallica (specifically from Kill Em' All), and you'll hear plenty of riffs derived from the blues scale.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.