Guitar is a Washburn WR-150, 6-string, 25.5 inch (648 mm) scale, non-locking tremolo bridge, usually strung with .09-.48 D'Addario strings.

The intonation is perfect at the 12th fret on all strings; however, it goes sharp as I move up and down the fretboard. No amount of fiddling with the bridge saddles seems to change anything (including the 12th fret intonation). The action is a bit higher at the net than it is on the rest of the fret board, could this be related? I was thinking about filing the nut down a bit (it needs it anyway), will this affect the intonation?

Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by blackroseimmort at May 26, 2008,
fileing down the nut will effect it slightly. you should no guitar with normal stright fret will ever be intonated at every fret. there are places that make custom neck and fretboards for guitars were it is but they are not cheap.
By "normal straight fret" are you referring to the fret wires or to the fretboard? There is a truss rod in the neck, so the neck and fretboard are not perfectly straight and the curvature can be adjusted.
"If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." --Terence McKenna
this guitar has the buzz feiten intonation system? because i think you need to adjust it differently with it.
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
this guitar has the buzz feiten intonation system? because i think you need to adjust it differently with it.

I don't think it's a Buzz Feiten. That's a brand name, right? Not just a generic name for that style of bridge?
"If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." --Terence McKenna
You can never perfectly tune a guitar, what you describe is normal.
Ofcourse the higher your action the more the notes will go sharp when you fret them.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower