Page 1 of 2
thats one lucky passenger
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Quote by the_poison125

Why the hell would he put so much damn weed in it?!?

I think it's so the dog was meant to find it...e.g. for this NOT to happen
Stupid doggies, can't smell weed lol. I've been pulled up because the dog went off over cough medicine.
142g = £5,000 ??

3.5g = £20 where I live so I make 142g around £810. Someone's getting majorly ripped off!

Edit: I'm not making some silly error in my math am I?

20/3.5 = 5.71 (that's how much 1 gram is)
5.71 x 142 = 810.82
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at May 26, 2008,
Quote by JimmiesInferno
I think it's so the dog was meant to find it...e.g. for this NOT to happen
yeah but couldn't he have just put in like.. a BIT less? jesus christ
Quote by wannabe jesus
142g = £5,000 ??

3.5g = £20 where I live so I make 142g around £810. Someone's getting majorly ripped off!

Whenever police estimate prices for drugs (and cannabis in particular) they use gram prices (assuming that it will be sold at that unit to find 'street value'), and they tend to use the highest price estimate they can. Makes them look better.
Oh so that's where it came from lulz.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by bajeda
Whenever police estimate prices for drugs (and cannabis in particular) they use gram prices (assuming that it will be sold at that unit to find 'street value'), and they tend to use the highest price estimate they can. Makes them look better.

You mean someone somewhere is paying £35 for a gram, that's £120 for an eighth!! I could get a half for less than that!
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at May 26, 2008,
Quote by bajeda

yeah, but that estimate is just over the top, it's almost 10 times what the weed would actually go for. Unless it's like that super crazy designer dutch weed.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by wannabe jesus
You mean someone somewhere is paying £35 for a gram, that's £120 for an eighth!! I could get a half for less than that!

Hahaha... a gram here differs from dealer to dealer. I can get it for $10 usually, or $5 from dealers that are my friends. I can get a half quad for $20-$25 usually too... Least I've gotten it for is $15.

Damn, that's a lot of weed though.
Then its either a typo or the cops found someone selling a gram for that much and decided to use it as an arbitrary measure. With the UK media you never know. For all we know they could have picked a number out of their ass and printed it because it sounds good.
Quote by bajeda
Then its either a typo or the cops found someone selling a gram for that much and decided to use it as an arbitrary measure. With the UK media you never know. For all we know they could have picked a number out of their ass and printed it because it sounds good.

I have seen some really high end Dutch stuff go for that much here in the states, so they could be basing it on something like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by wannabe jesus
142g = £5,000 ??

5.71 x 142 = 810.82

AHHHHHH DRUGS ARE SO EXPENSIVE HERE!!!!!

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
now i bet a bunch of dealers are going to try to get weed through that airport because they know the dog sucks

also where in the actual article does it say 5000? it just says 142g i didn't see a price
O.o

Ibanez s470DXQM
Roland 120 jazz/chorus

proud member of the Ibanez S-Series owners group
oh man, now everyone who gets caugh with weed will go "It's not mine! The customs officer put it there!"
If he get caught at the customs of his own country, he's basically screwed.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by samyou3l

also where in the actual article does it say 5000? it just says 142g i didn't see a price

My thoughts exactly.
They have edited the article. When I posted it gave a price. Obviously they were wrong, but it was there
Quote by wannabe jesus

5.71 x 142 = 810.82

That is fucking expensive.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by JeanMi36
If he get caught at the customs of his own country, he's basically screwed.

Yeah, not like he can say that the customs officers put it there in Tokyo. And the customs guys dont know who they put the stuff with. Well when the next article comes out "Police Find 142 Grams Of Pot" they can find the guy.
Well the insane prices are probably because this was in Japan, with extremely strict laws on weed.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
wouldn't they want to estimate cheaper?

they don't want to make it look like more weed than it is, since... you know... they LOST it.
lol

imagine getting home and finding a suitcase full of weed
now extra flamey
Quote by Ikey
lol

imagine getting home and finding a suitcase full of weed

It wouldn't be a suitcase full. They only put it in in the side pocket.
Wow
Poor guy, if he gets stopped in another country with strict drug laws then that'd really suck for him.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by pratt121
wouldn't they want to estimate cheaper?

they don't want to make it look like more weed than it is, since... you know... they LOST it.

I don't think that the BBC really cares about the reputation of some Japanese airport's security checks.
some dude, somewhere in the world is VERY VERY VERY wasted right now

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by blynd_snyper
I don't think that the BBC really cares about the reputation of some Japanese airport's security checks.

ah true... media.

i was thinking that number was reported by police.
Page 1 of 2