Good Reliable head. I want something that pushes (like 100 watts) has great tone and great flexability and won't break me (like $1500. I think thats a fair price).

I play alot of various types of music (i.e. Metal, Rock, Blues, Jazz and every once in awhile Country.) and I wanted an amp that could best get great tone for each genre. I love instrumental Rock so I want an amp that will give me total Clarity for every note played (none of that cheap "solid state" crap) and one that offers a good amount of features but I don't necessarily need all of the bells and whistles of say a "Vetta".

Is there any hope for me or am I asking to much?

If its any help my biggest inflences are Satch, Vai, Dime, and Petrucci.

Somebody point me in the right direction please.
honestly I would point you towards a 6505 peavy, I'm goin' for one myself since tone is a big thing for me and i too don't really want to break my wallet. from what i read its got pretty good cleans and great distortion, as far as doin' other thangs? well thats what pedals are for my friend.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Go out and test bits of everything, if you have a decent local music shop, they'll be able to give you 3 or 4 different heads in the price range.
But to be honest, get something mid-range, and power yourself with pedals. Part of my rig is 2 DS-1s and an OD-3(yuck >_<, but I use a mid-gain amp distortion underlaying.
id say a carvin x-100b that they just re-released. from what i have heard its a killer amp. may not have the gain your looking for but you could always throw in a overdriv pedal ontop of it. the amp goes for a little over 1000 for head and 412 cab.
Quote by Chikao42
Go out and test bits of everything, if you have a decent local music shop, they'll be able to give you 3 or 4 different heads in the price range.
But to be honest, get something mid-range, and power yourself with pedals. Part of my rig is 2 DS-1s and an OD-3(yuck >_<, but I use a mid-gain amp distortion underlaying.

Thats a great idea but Im in Iraq right now and I wanted to buy something now while i still had the money.
the mesa mark IV is supposed to be one of the most versitile amps out there, and sounds good at amost everything. i dont know how much they run for new, but im pretty sure you can find them used for (just) under $1500.
Quote by Hart_Attack
honestly I would point you towards a 6505 peavy, I'm goin' for one myself since tone is a big thing for me and i too don't really want to break my wallet. from what i read its got pretty good cleans and great distortion, as far as doin' other thangs? well thats what pedals are for my friend.

Where did you "Read" it has good cleans, 5150/6505 cleans on there own are horrible.

I would say Mark IV.
I'd go with a Orange, or a Hiwatt (if I could find one used at that price), but you're influences would probably be more suited for a Mesa Boogie. I don't know much about metal amps, so that's all I'm going to recommend. Good luck!
Global warming at my homework, sir.
MARK IV!!!!!!! dude, petrucci used them or quite a while, lamb of god uses them. and btw if you listen to log, their distortion is straight guitar to amp. no od or anything. and it is one versatile amp. i was quite interested in buying one a while back. it sounds like it would suit you perfectly.
GEAR:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi Les Paul (modded with EMG 81/85, various other things)
Boss Looper
Member of UG's Hatecrew!
Quote by ipodmania7
MARK IV!!!!!!! dude, petrucci used them or quite a while, lamb of god uses them. and btw if you listen to log, their distortion is straight guitar to amp. no od or anything. and it is one versatile amp. i was quite interested in buying one a while back. it sounds like it would suit you perfectly.

That sounds pretty good... I'll have to check this one out...