So there is this new line of wireless guitar systems apparently better than any UHF around heres the link

http://www.electricroom.com.au/product/Digijet/2.4GHz+Digital+Wireless+Guitar+system+(THE+BEST))

is this better than anything else on the market or a marketing gimmic?
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
Last edited by gface at May 26, 2008,
bad link
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Bump!
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Quote by druz15_UG
bad link

LINK IS FIXED!!
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
the only thing im concerned about is that it says CD quality. problem there is, cd quality isnt really good enough at times. if youve got a brilliant guitar/amp and record it at high quality, then mix down to 128kbps, you lose something. now i can handle that on a recording because you can use all those studio tricks to fix it up a bit, but not so much live.

now of course it could be brilliant and i could be wrong. im just always skeptical about any new product claiming to be the best. especially when i actually understand the claims they make and think they might be complete bull. i hope to be proven wrong though, cause a low(ish) priced wireless system that works really well would be awesome.
It's digital, so the choice is between noise (analog) or possibly lose of tone (due to using 16bit instead of 24bit processing)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
^ or of course they could just set up a high quality analog system that has a narrow enough bandwidth so that there is minimal noise. of course that makes dectection and demodulation hard/more expensive. or the digital ones could use 24bit (or more) processing instead of 16 bit. of course, we again run into the cost problem. which is why i would rather spend the money on good cables.
but if you wernt using this to record? would be good?
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
id say thats kinda impossible to know without playing one or at least giving it more time. that thing may be as great as claimed and fully support the specs. or it may just be a gimmick that sounds bad. its hard to tell.
why would u record with wireless? thats silly. the whole point of wireless is range and maneuverability, u can record standing still or sitting down, but live if you want to run around and jump off ramps and **** Slash styles and u dont want leads gettin in the way THATS when u use wireless
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
This is basically the same sort of system being really pushed for wireless communications lately. At my job, we just helped demo a very similar set up but for a coaches communication system in football, to replace the analog UHF system we're on now (which experiences too much drop out for the coaches, but probably the same amount of dropout that most systems its age does). The only problem that a lot of this stuff right now is still "vapor-ware," not to mention that while it worked just fine for voice communications, I'm not sure how it would respond to a wider array of tonal frequency transmission, IE a guitar's sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
bump
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4