Hey, I was thinking of getting an electric mandolin just for the fun of learning to play another string instrument. Does anyone know where I can find an electric lefty mandolin?

I was thinking about an 8-stringed one.

Also, you can use all guitar effects on an Electric Mandolin right?
many A-style mandolins are reversable like clasical guitars. and 8 string is the standard i do believe.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
yeah, A style mandolins are symmetrical, so just get one of those and swap the strings around.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Okey, thanks for the help, but where can I buy one that is for lefty-people? (I am left handed)

Do Epiphone make lefty Mandolins or just for right handed people?

Also, should I get an acoustic/electric A-shape mandolin?
Last edited by Gulli05 at May 26, 2008,
Quote by plucky duck
many A-style mandolins are reversable like clasical guitars.

A-style mandolins are the tardrop shaped ones. theyre right or left handed for the most part.

you must be thinking of F-style mandolins which are the staggered shaped. (useally with a shaffer curl on the bass side)

go to guitarcenter.com (or your favorite site) there's a lot of cool mandolins out there. and if you're not sweating traditional look/style/accusitcs. there's one electric epiphone makes with a thunderbird shape

EDIT: there's many with electronics from $300 or so
EDIT 2: leftys make up 10% of the population so nearly every brand makes lefty gear.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Last edited by plucky duck at May 26, 2008,
Quote by plucky duck
A-style mandolins are the tardrop shaped ones. theyre right or left handed for the most part.

you must be thinking of F-style mandolins which are the staggered shaped. (useally with a shaffer curl on the bass side)

go to guitarcenter.com (or your favorite site) there's a lot of cool mandolins out there. and if you're not sweating traditional look/style/accusitcs. there's one electric epiphone makes with a thunderbird shape

EDIT: there's many with electronics from $300 or so
EDIT 2: leftys make up 10% of the population so nearly every brand makes lefty gear.

Thank you. Please if anyone else knows about some cool but not to expensive mandolins (I can afford maybe 300-600 dollar ones), please let me know.