How many of you were bored out of your minds like me to the point you ended up watching that eurovision song competition and got super pissed when the pop songs took the lead?

Where are you from and who do you think should of won?
and the pirate techno song?
O.O what was that?

it's kind of a joke too, everybody votes for their allies and neighbors, it's got alot of politics in it

didn't that one band Lordi get their start off this show in 2007?

I reign supreme in my own damn mind.
Last year the German jazz guy should have won.

But it's more a political contest now - a country ending in -ia will win it.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Eurovision sucks, it can not be taken serious. East-European countries only vote for eachother.. Netherlands decided not to compete anymore..

Quote by GnR_ROK

Yep, Terry Wogan (the english commentator) said he might not do it next year because its all political and stupid now.
I just don't bother watching it anymore. You can just predict which country is gonna give alot of points to another country etc... And most songs are just boring/stupid anyway.

I was embarrased because of the song my country sent by the way. The lyrics are in a made-up language... *sigh*
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bg-9X8udn6s

Also, Lordi won in 2006 I think.
I had to get drunk to bare it. But after the Alcohol hit me I have to say the Latvian pirates were epic.

And need I mention how amazingly hot the GReek and Ukrainian women were?

Britain deserved to lose, even if Terry Wogan disagrees.

'This has been the Eurovision Handicap. Thank you for watching'.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by NielsWho
Netherlands decided not to compete anymore..

As the Netherlands did not qualify for the final in 2007, the country needed to participate in the first semi-final, on 20 May 2008. However, the Netherlands failed to qualify to compete in the final on 24 May.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Quote by GnR_ROK

/thread
At least you don't have to put up with Canadian Idol.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by jasp0r
I just don't bother watching it anymore. You can just predict which country is gonna give alot of points to another country etc... And most songs are just boring/stupid anyway.

I was embarrased because of the song my country sent by the way. The lyrics are in a made-up language... *sigh*
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bg-9X8udn6s

Also, Lordi won in 2006 I think.

so youre also from belgium,
I'm ashamed as well, but belgium was never a good country in eurovision.
I only used to watch eurovision when I was a little boy, in order to stay up late

I'd rather eat **** now.
France or Spain should have won it, obviously

"I'm trying to find ze milky waay"
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I thought Turkey was really good this year.
No offense to any of the countires here, I'm talking purely in relation to the music.
When that "secret combination" song and the "we are pirates" song came on my face fell straight to my hands.

When it looked like they were actually getting somewhere in the voting, I got up and got some ice cream for comfort food. I kept thinking "Europe you have failed me and rock as a whole."

haha I wish I had been out doing something worth while XD.
I always end up having absolutely nothign to do, no transportaion, and no family members in the house when this show rolls around each year... in a sense it's kind of tragic.

Though it was funny and outrageous when the UK got zero points three years ago.

Quote by rickyy
At least you don't have to put up with Canadian Idol.

We have X Factor, Britain's Got (no) Talent and Big Brother

>_>

<_<

We lose.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Quote by GnR_ROK
We have X Factor, Britain's Got (no) Talent and Big Brother

>_>

<_<

We lose.

Ugh, I hate Britain's Got Talent. It just disappoints me the sheer number of things people think qualify as talents.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I think that modern Eurovision is just a shade of the contest it was in the past, when stars like ABBA performed their songs there and winning Eurovision was really SOMETHING. Nowadays - meh, it's just a contest full of generic pop-ish songs.

Also, I agree that nowadays it's more about politics than music. I've heard one really good statement about Eurovision - that they should get rid of singing and leave just the voting phase, it would not change anything really.
Maybe you guys should get Memorial Day like the US... 3 day weekend!

I'm on a base so i do have it. it showed liek a day ago.

And need I mention how amazingly hot the GReek and Ukrainian women were?

yeah. i'm a woman and i agree. haha but seriously you go to ukraine and most of the women look like that when they go out they're dressed to kill. jesus. but they all looked anerexic to me.

"I'm trying to find ze milky waay"

i have to admit i looked that song up when it was over. haha.

I was watching it in German and I was laughing so hard becasue at one point where the pirates got some points or maybe it was spain... i don't recall.. the commentator said somethign to the effect of "are you kidding me? crap" in german. haha. I need to find that channel again.

Quote by break-me-in
Ugh, I hate Britain's Got Talent. It just disappoints me the sheer number of things people think qualify as talents.

And also the cheesy "these contestants need sympathy" - where you get the crappy piano music, and one of the two Geordie idiots saying "this next contestant has a lot to prove and hasn't had it easy" bollock s.

Cue the contestant pouring their sob story out "my mum/cat/fish/bike died so this is dedicated to them".

This is supposed to be called Britain's Got Talent, not Britain's Got Sob Stories To Elicit Sympathy And Emotions Because We're So Bland.

/rant.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I think that modern Eurovision is just a shade of the contest it was in the past, when stars like ABBA performed their songs there and winning Eurovision was really SOMETHING. Nowadays - meh, it's just a contest full of generic pop-ish songs.

Also, I agree that nowadays it's more about politics than music. I've heard one really good statement about Eurovision - that they should get rid of singing and leave just the voting phase, it would not change anything really.

I agree but I did think Turkey and Portugal were fantastic. Ukraine was okay. possibly becasue the steamy hotness of ukranian boys and the one chick overwhelmed the rest of us and brainwashed our minds into liking the popsong.

georgia was fantastic too. I've got her albums. It's kind for cool how she's been blind her whole life and is famous.

I laughed when the only guy that refused to speak any english was the french guy in the voting. it seemed kind of typical. but funny and cool.

and that was big politcal statement when Jerusalem said "the capital and holy place" since Islam was in the competition.

france was cute.
that's all. i bought the song.

greece was...too popish.

spain was....

don't get me started haha.

Quote by GnR_ROK
And also the cheesy "these contestants need sympathy" - where you get the crappy piano music, and one of the two Geordie idiots saying "this next contestant has a lot to prove and hasn't had it easy" bollock s.

Cue the contestant pouring their sob story out "my mum/cat/fish/bike died so this is dedicated to them".

This is supposed to be called Britain's Got Talent, not Britain's Got Sob Stories To Elicit Sympathy And Emotions Because We're So Bland.

/rant.

It would be alright if they were so amazing, but they're not. I can count on one hand how many people are actually "talented". The fact is that most people just don't have talents which are transferrable to a stage.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Spain was ****ing awesome

Especially the little plastic guitar at the beginning
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
maybe but spain didn't deserve to win in my opinion.