wheres the best venue you have ever played/saw a gig/wish you could play at, and why.

for me its gotta be

Carling Academy and King tut's wah wah hut , both in Glasgow
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
the barrowlands is excellent aswel wembely for such a big place was brilliant alot better than hampden which is **** for gigs imo
yeah the barrowland is good ! the low drop celings freak me out but haha, did u know they just got a practice studio in there too now
Hampden is shhhhite I almost went to see Bon Jovi there too :/
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

the filmore in San Francisco. (California bias)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
the little concert hall/beer tents in munich. they're fantastic. they got couches in teh back and pool tabels and you and only about 400-3,000 of your closet friends get to chill out and listen to the band. I saw Brand New and My chem (early on) there.

anyone know if madison square garden is all it's cracked up to be? I'm seeing the cure there in july. Is NIN good in concert?

I reign supreme in my own damn mind.
Quote by CrowLord
Northampton Soundhaus

It will be sorely missed

Oooo theres a soundhaus in glasgow, my mates band played it a few months ago
........it smelt of pee

Quote by loubot123
yeah the barrowland is good ! the low drop celings freak me out but haha, did u know they just got a practice studio in there too now
Hampden is shhhhite I almost went to see Bon Jovi there too :/

i seen the RHCP and oasis at hampdump and i have been to alot of football games there aswel and its just a really bad stadium i was in the carling for the first time a couple of months ago to see velvet revolver and i was impressed as i seen them in the secc a few times and it was a nice surprise. I would love to go to a gig on the refrew ferry i have herd great things about it
Quote by estranged_2003
i seen the RHCP and oasis at hampdump and i have been to alot of football games there aswel and its just a really bad stadium i was in the carling for the first time a couple of months ago to see velvet revolver and i was impressed as i seen them in the secc a few times and it was a nice surprise. I would love to go to a gig on the refrew ferry i have herd great things about it

Yeah I hate how people think that just becuase a gigs at hampdon thats its gonna be a good gig, I cant tell you how many times I thought seeing a band at the likes of the ABC and king tuts has been better than a stadium.
Oh what that the VR show where they said they were spliting up ? that was in glasgow im pretty sure

yea it that was the gig even pubs around glasgow are great for gigs like the barfly and Ivory Black's are good
I like Sheffield Casbah, it's small and has barely a stage but it's cool
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Manchester Apollo is a good venue to play, as is the Academy

To watch, the atmostphere at big arena's/festivals is awesome, when trivium played download 06, gunshot, everyone was juping in time, it was awesome
King Tuts and Barrowlands are brilliant. Barfly's pretty sweet, too. Soundhaus has a surprisingly good sound considering its structure. SECC is really hit-or-miss, but hey, it wasn't designed for concerts originally. The Clyde Auditorium is excellent.

The Manchester Apollo is probably my all-time favourite, though.
Pompeii - Because of teh Floydz.
Wembley - It's just an amazing feel when you're in that stadium. I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to be on stage.
The Pyramids of Egypt - Just because.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I saw Mastodon at the Sheffield Corporation once. I swear it was like 80°C in there. It smelt really strongly of weed, although that might just have been Brent.
Quote by plucky duck
arnt scandinavians all albino or am i mistaken? apologies if i am

Quote by cocodrilo83
logic is not always right
Quote by Cathrag
I saw Mastodon at the Sheffield Corporation once. I swear it was like 80°C in there. It smelt really strongly of weed, although that might just have been Brent.

Yeah, corporation always gets real hot. And i don't think the smell of weed was Brent.

My favourite venue ive been to is probably Manchester Apollo.
Quote by loubot123
Oooo theres a soundhaus in glasgow, my mates band played it a few months ago
........it smelt of pee

one of the worst venues ever.
In glasgow:
barfly is good downstairs, but its a bit of a dive now.
king tuts shall always be awesome
barrowlands is awesome, because its got a sprung floor
secc is good if the FOH engineer is any good, if not, it sounds like what it is - a steel and concrete box.
elsewhere:
i agree with the pyramids at giza
t in the park... (main stage...)
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Brixton or wembley, depends on the band
"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."
- BBC News

End This Fad, It's Gone On Far Too Long
Personally I have always wanted to play Manchester Apollo. Best venues I have played personally are Sheffield Boardwalk (hell of a lot of history) and The Intake in Mansfield
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??