Reading this article did raise an important issue.

If you get past the fact that most of it was conjecture and basic lies something was true.

The whole emo culture does not so much glamorize self-harm but makes it more acceptable or just passes it off as nothing.

Now if someone wants to harm themselves in private I'm all for it but they all are so whiney and desperate for attention.

Views?
"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."
- BBC News

End This Fad, It's Gone On Far Too Long
Yes, but I hate how MCR have been dragged into it. They just so happen to be popular among these attention-seeking whiney bitches. They aren't in support of the glamourisation of violence towards yourself or others.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kumanji
The Daily Mail panders to the right-wing lunatic in all of us. This ridiculous hate campaign against "suicide cult" bands is simply playing up to the middle-class fear of the youth.

They pander as much to the working classes as to the middle class.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Meh, I love MCR, I hate the whiney fan girls I know.

The Daily Mail panders to a very specific class that is now a big part of England at least.

I would go further with this point but I'll probably just end up offending people... It's more M/C than W/C, at least.
daily mail sucks and always has and If mcr fans are standing against thier **** journalism then Im all for it,
but if thier going to go and protest becuase a newspaper took a dig at thier so called gods then no.
But I can respect that some fans can see past that and see that the real problem is the state of british journalism
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
why are they always relating music with things that happen??
It's their problem to listen to MCR! nobody forced them!
I liked them too...I don't listen to them anymore tho...
they've got nothing to do with emo kids hurting themselves.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
If they actually go and protest because the Daily Mail made an uninformed statement about a crappy pop band, they're pretty stupid to be honest.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
If they actually go and protest because the Daily Mail made an uninformed statement about a crappy pop band, they're pretty stupid to be honest.

well I think its a bit more than that
they got called a cult and now schools are going ape **** over it and banning anything associated with "emo culture"
I think that if you belive in somthing then you have every right to protest, but if some are protesting becuase they like the idea of being a martyr then its pointless.
But I kinda like the idea of the daily mails **** writer staff being trapped in thier building due to the raduis of mcr fans blocking the exits....best mental image ever
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

Quote by break-me-in
Yes, but I hate how MCR have been dragged into it. They just so happen to be popular among these attention-seeking whiney bitches. They aren't in support of the glamourisation of violence towards yourself or others.

+1

A while back, my mum saw that i listened to MCR and she sat me down, and asked if i was cutting myself

If your stupid enough to do that, dont blame the music
Quote by andyscoot
+1

A while back, my mum saw that i listened to MCR and she sat me down, and asked if i was cutting myself

If your stupid enough to do that, dont blame the music

No offense to your mum, but.. this.. is why... papers like the Mail.. are not even worth wiping ya arse with. Besides, they are already covered in ****!
I don't know why people are reacting so badly to this; it is what The Mail does. They get paranoid about teenage subculture and scare schools and parents into demonising their children if they conform to the hated culture. It has always happened and will always happen.

The subculture under flak will change, too. It was rockabillies in the 50s, hippies in the 60s, punks and metalheads in the 70s and 80s, Goths in the 90s and now emos. It'll be some other group in a few years time.

It just happens that emos have made such a babyish outcry to this tabloid offensive, the other groups didn't attempt to "make a stand" like emos are trying to do now - it's because they're taking this far too seriously - what did the oher groups do? Get on with it. Rockabillies kept rocking and rolling; hippies kept getting stoned, metalheads kept headbanging, punks kept fighting each other and the Goths kept shooting their classmates. Emo need to grow up.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Jackolas
No offense to your mum, but.. this.. is why... papers like the Mail.. are not even worth wiping ya arse with. Besides, they are already covered in ****!

She reads the Mirror
So yes we all agree the daily mail is ****
I feel bad for the minority of mcr fans who have legit resons for the protest and little mis informed children think its all about the band. Its not, its over how the media think they can attack a lifestyle that is reletivly harmless and not assciated to self harm, anyone can self harm ! You dont have to be strutting around in tight jeans and eyeliner for that to be true, so I think thats generally why this protest is happening.

The irony is the Mail is there to sell papers; by us hating the paper we are probably only encoraging interest in the paper - it's a vicious cycle, and I'm sure all the anti-daily mail coalitions do more harm than good. I realise this is hypocritical considering I was slating it only five minutes ago myself.

If it's ****, everyone knows its ****, makes you wonder why it's one of the best selling papers.
Quote by freddaahh
I don't know why people are reacting so badly to this; it is what The Mail does. They get paranoid about teenage subculture and scare schools and parents into demonising their children if they conform to the hated culture. It has always happened and will always happen.

The subculture under flak will change, too. It was rockabillies in the 50s, hippies in the 60s, punks and metalheads in the 70s and 80s, Goths in the 90s and now emos. It'll be some other group in a few years time.

It just happens that emos have made such a babyish outcry to this tabloid offensive, the other groups didn't attempt to "make a stand" like emos are trying to do now - it's because they're taking this far too seriously - what did the oher groups do? Get on with it. Rockabillies kept rocking and rolling; hippies kept getting stoned, metalheads kept headbanging, punks kept fighting each other and the Goths kept shooting their classmates. Emo need to grow up.

I think becuase te reaction is so sever that schools and parent are actually banning "emo" attire, its taking away some peoples identity they get slapped with a suicide risk by random strangers all becuase of what the daily mail claim to know. Of course this is only a minority.

Quote by KenMasters
Mcr Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isee your and MCR fan, whats your view on it ?

MCR have said on many occasions that they hate being called *emo* or being associated with the word. Music doesn't make people hurt themselves, Being a **** does that.
there are so many different types of music that have songs based on sad themes, why not attack them?
The Daily Mail is the stupidest, most knee-jerk reactionist, right wing, xenophobic, arm-chair morailistic excuse for a newspaper this country has the displeasure of having on it's news stands.

I wouldn't wipe my arse on it.
Last edited by rizo299 at May 26, 2008,
Quote by flipthatchicken
i luvs MCR, dey r teh CLAZSIC WROK!!

What an intelligent and valid point
I asked the dude what his opinion was becuase it seems most of us who answered are not fans

Emo is different. Emo is actually cool.

The people who cut themselves today are not emo. They are just fags/whinny bitches.
Quote by rizo299
The Daily Mail is the stupidest, most knee-jerk reactionist, right wing, xenophobic, arm-chair morailistic excuse for a news paper this country has the displeasure of having on it's news stands.

I wouldn't wipe my arse on it.

I couldn't articulate my words for some reason - but basically.. +10000
Quote by loubot123
Isee your and MCR fan, whats your view on it ?

My chems shouldn't be much concerned...they rule and they know it...
accusing them of silly faggy stuff is actually kinda funny!
it is their music everyone should concentrate on, not their profile...
Imagine if the public had a clear view of the Misfits profile and lyrics!
the parents would be the ones to cut themselves!!
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer