These Blackstar HT pedals seem interesting - I've thought about getting one for a while now (first heard of them in a review in a guitar mag).

And now I have my laney, I fully intend on getting one when I have enough funds.

However, I am stuck between two of these pedals and am unsure on what to choose.
The HT-DUAL and HT-DISTX.

The HT-DISTX has High-gain tones, which would be nice to have, but the HT-DUAL has two channels, a crunch and lead, so combined with my amps cleans, I'd have a nice three channel amp (or 4 as I'd use the amps drive too).
The problem is, would the HT-DUAL also get high-gain tones (mainly for lead playing, but the rhythm would also need a bit of gain. I could then use the amp's drive for a more classic rock sound - which I fully intend on using), or is it more of a modern marshall Iron Maiden-esque gain for the lead and rhythm (which I'd be happy with)?

Hope this thread makes sense.
I hear the amp goes well with these types of pedals (for metal tones), so why not?
Although, I'm pretty happy with the amp as it - great cleans and the drive is quite rock-y. But I do like a bit of higher gain metal here or there - and I want a strong lead tone.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The HT-DUAL can get some really nice lead tones, but if you want to play Metal, maybe look at the HT-DISTX. I have a HT-DUAL and it's great
I bought a HT DISTX two days ago, and today i changed it to the DIST, the distx had to much noise and feedback for my taste, the dist manage metal well also(atleast metallica, only tried that so far) , and in my opinion it has a little better tone than the distx also,

the dist is very good considering the low noise it makes compared to the distx

and if i ever wanna play black/death/doom metal ill just buy a SD twin tube mayhem :P but im probably never going to start play that kind off music
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard