As you can see from my sig I own a 40W 1x12 Hot Rod Deluxe. Obviously it's far too powerful to get any power tube magic going on at practice levels. Has anyone used an attenuator with a HRD - opinions? Or would going for a small second amp (1-5W, < £400) be the way to go?

Also - is there anywhere one can get a Weber MASS attenuator in the UK?
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I have no experience with 1w amps, but I can tell you 5w is still too loud for bedroom levels.
Yeah around half the volume of my HRD. I practice somewhat louder than bedroom levels - ~3/12 clean channel when the family is out.
Hot Rod Deluxe
Bump.
Hot Rod Deluxe
Yeah, I'd get a 5W head and connect it to your HRD's speaker rather than get an attenuator.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I see you want a tiny terror, and those things have a switch that allows it to be set to 7 or 15 watts, and i'm no sonic genious but i'd say 7 watts cranked would only be a tiny tiny bit louder than 5 watts plus the head is way less than £400, the combo is like £40 more than 400
Last edited by alexlemon2 at May 27, 2008,
Quote by alexlemon2
I see you want a tiny terror, and those things have a switch that allows it to be set to 7 or 15 watts, and i'm no sonic genious but i'd say 7 watts cranked would only be a tiny tiny bit louder than 5 watts plus the head is way less than £400, the combo is like £40 more than 400

The Tiny Terror is too loud to be cranked at bedroom volumes, even on 7 watts.

The ZVex Nano head is £325 at Dolphin music. You could either connect that to your current amps speaker, or stretch another your total budget another £25 or so and get an Epi VJ cab.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by polaroidvision at May 27, 2008,
Is 7 watts really noticeably louder than a 5 watt amp? I thought a couple of watts was negligible
Quote by alexlemon2
Is 7 watts really noticeably louder than a 5 watt amp? I thought a couple of watts was negligible

Normally, no. However the Tiny Terror is very loud for a 7w/15w amp. This is something to do with how the watts are measured, as Orange measure their amps in watts RMS clean. You'll have to ask someone else though about what it means, as I don't really know. I just know it is very loud.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ