The reverb on my vintage musicman doesn't work, and I've been wanting to get a pedal for a while now and I've finally started looking. One thing I want to be able to do is get the reverb to "slap". I don't know what you would actually call it but you can hear it really well at the end of Like a Hurricane, around the 7:30 mark. Neil mutes the strings and picks and gets sort of a pure reverb effect. You can also hear it on other songs, like a couple times in Ohio during the guitar solos. The sound itself it as if you kicked an amp with a reverb tank.

Does anyone know what reverb would work well to achieve this effect, and how I would actually get that sound?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Neil uses a Fender reverb unit. Dick Dale uses it too. Maybe you could find a used one?

The Electro Harmonix Holy Grail is quite popular, but I don't think it sounds very good.