Hey, I'm thinking of upgrading from my current electric guitar to the Epiphone SG400 (this is the exact one). Is that a good choice of guitar? I love the look of it. And from what I've played on them, they feel really nice.

I also heard that these guitars are 'only good for classic rock'. I play alot of metalcore, so would this be a good choice?
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
that is definately a good choice of guitar. my buddy has one and it sounds very very good, and he plays stuff like machine head and lamb of god
Yeah, these are great guitars, handle metalcore quite well I've found

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
its a wonderful guitar. i have one cept in white and with some minor upgrades.
its kinda lacking in sound, and it won't be perfect for metalcore. just buy it, if you like it, get a good high gain tube amp, and replace the pickups with something active (im putting emg 81/85s in mine) and then it will be a metalcore machine
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by impeachpedro10
just buy it, if you like it, get a good high gain tube amp, and replace the pickups with something of higher quality than stock pickups, and then it will be a metalcore machine

Fixed. Actives do not make instant metalcore.
Couple more questions...

I'm going to be doing some gigging with my band this summer, and I definately need a new amp (I've got a Traynor 15wat :P). It definately has to be over 30watts. What would be a good choice?

Also, I'm gunna new another distortion pedal. I've been looking at the Marshall Jachammer. Is it any good for metalcore?
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness