i have alwyas wanted an acoustic, but i have never really looked into them because i was focusing more on electrics. but now i would like to learn about acoustics.
before i start my journey to find an acoustic for me, i would like to know about the different kinds of acoustics.
could you guys tell me a bit about all the different types (jumbo, dreadnaught,... right ?) and perhaps a (youtube) video of the type of guitar that shows the typical sound of it ?
any info in general is also appreciated.

thanks !
That FAQs thread is pretty thorough. If it doesn't help, try finding a song on which you like the sound of the guitar and try to find out what is being played. For example, if you like the sound of the guitar on "blackbird"by the beatles, we can tell you that's a martin d-28 and some people will have some comments on how that guitar achieves its tone. Your question, as it is now, well -- books have been written.
Quote by milagroso
That FAQs thread is pretty thorough. If it doesn't help, try finding a song on which you like the sound of the guitar and try to find out what is being played. For example, if you like the sound of the guitar on "blackbird"by the beatles, we can tell you that's a martin d-28 and some people will have some comments on how that guitar achieves its tone. Your question, as it is now, well -- books have been written.

D - 28's are lowest $2,149.99 on the market as of now.
Quote by drummerofgod89

Well, He didnt especify his budget, although that is quite some money , but you could go to a music store and try all the different kinds of acoustics the store has, and ask the workers to tell you what makes them different from then rest
Quote by drummerofgod89

Just an example -- as part of a suggestion of a way to be more specific to someone unfamiliar with the types of acoustic guitars. I wasn't suggesting that he buy a D-28 -- man! that costs more than my car!
I agree. What I'd recommend, is to play all the guitars OUT of your budget. Learn how the good guitars sound, and the details you like: feel of the neck, bass response, volume, playability, the action, etc. Then look for something in your range that is as close as you can afford.

Reasoning: If you don't really know what a good guitar feels like, then anything pretty or cheap will make you happy ..... initially. If you can find something that you really like, then you know specifically what you like and can look for something in you budget like that.

(Note: not that there is anything wrong with pretty and cheap, but we're talking guitars, not girls )
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker