Ok, well just take a tapping riff (eruption sequence) and practice it. Your fingers will develop and you'll be able to play longer. Trills and proper scale practice also build up strenth in all fingers.
id say the best way is to tap for long periods of time

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Make sure your getting every note out of it that you should be. Did you practice it slow before you sped up? If your doing it incorrectly, it won't sound as fast or as good because your missing notes.

If you do it enough, your middle finger will get callused and it will be a lot easier.
just tap with all kinds of patterns all over the fretboard, try to go through all the strings, have fun, be creative and don't be sloppy.
break your picking hand... that's how I learned to tap... seriously
Quote by numinis
break your picking hand... that's how I learned to tap... seriously

Extreeeeeeeeeeeme...
i was having trouble tapping too before i got into some of Ozzy's stuff with Randy Rhoads. the crazy train solo and that tapping part from "Flying High Again" helped me build up some finger strength as i played them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMg0kg-sjwo&feature=related
(tapping starts at :17)

just keep playing stuff, i would encourage you to use your pinky on the fretting hand to help build up strength on it so you will actually use it but that might be restrictive

rock on! tap that axe
Last edited by Superstrat101 at May 26, 2008,
Tapping is one of those things you can get decent at in a day, but takes years to master it. So just practice REAAL slow at first, then build up speed slowly.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Tapping is one of those things you can get decent at in a day, but takes years to master it. So just practice REAAL slow at first, then build up speed slowly.

exactly

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1