Aight, there's a busking competition in a town near me every year (http://www.buskfest.com/)

I went last year, made £40 (meh, i was there for 4hours), so yeh, last year an 8 year old kid won the "Best Guitarist Award", he was brutal I had my stagg and roland micro cube handy and basically, kicked ass.

But yeh, can you guys recommend me some songs to play this year at the buskfest?

Thanks

Btw, ill be using my trusty Jackson, bad horsie contour 2 Wahwah pedal and the micro cube.

EDITZZ

Songs that i have thought of

Patience - Guns N Roses
Voodoo Chile - Hendrix

Songs that have been taken into account from the PIT

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Beatles
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Last edited by Wardster at May 26, 2008,
in b4 i cum blood

EDIT: somethin every1 likes such as muse or somethin along those lines

either play knights of cydonia or plug in baby
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Quote by _InsanitY_
in b4 i cum blood

I knew someone would suggest that ...
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
Wow, 40 quid ain't bad at all!
I wish I could make that much just sitting out on the streets and playing.

Erm, try some popular Beatles songs, or maybe local songs?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
find a local inbred and play the deliverance dual. Infact I own a banjo, shall I gain some chromosones and met you there lol
Quote by toine
what is this buskfest you speak of? some guitartalent show?

Just playing any instrument on the street, the judges come around and like...judge you...

Yeah, I've got some loose change to make this holiday as well.

I've got a nice big list of songs. My friend is playing guitar, I'm singing. Should be fun.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
buskfest is basically a big festival in a wee town in Northern Ireland where people go and busk all day, and there are prizes for best guitarist etc

What about purple haze?
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
If it's busking shouldn't you be like playing acoustic songs?

Or take a contemporary pop song (as the Wombats would say) and do an acoustic cover of that...
just the way im feeling by feeder and i think you got more chance if you do an acoustic song
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
And if those don't impress...
... Carcass - Heartwork
Quote by rabidguitarist
Yeah, I've got some loose change to make this holiday as well.

I've got a nice big list of songs. My friend is playing guitar, I'm singing. Should be fun.

What songs ya doing?
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
What songs ya doing?

song in my head
rockstar
misery business
history
juneau
in the lake
pokemon
umbrella
stairway to heaven
hey there delihah
hysteria
pressure

I think there's a few more aswell.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
stairway to heaven

Stairway denied!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Tenacious D?

Funeral for a friend.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Imagine - John Lennon
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by rabidguitarist
song in my head
rockstar NO
misery business
history
juneau
in the lake
pokemon NO
umbrella NO
stairway to heaven
hey there delihah OVERPLAYED CHEESY
hysteria
pressure

I think there's a few more aswell.

i approve. apart from the bold comments, i approve heartily.

**** yeah, FFAF.

and, TS, play lots of hendrix. little wing? fully instrumental? SRV's version?
Ill make a list 2nite from my itunes. last year i played alot of megadeth and people seemed 2 enojy , accept for the wankers who shouted "get a haircut", **** em . I'm lokin to play some classical pieces aswell, duno wat yet, i know "dee" by ozzy osbourne which is an awesome classical piece. Can you guys help me out?