Page 1 of 4
xFilth
Phrygianist
4,753 IQ
Cant believe we dont have one of these already. Yes, I tried searching.

What peavey amp (or even guitar >_> do you own?

I myself, recently bought a Triple XXX Super 40 EFX and it ****ing kills so far! Ill have pics up soon!

Please include pics if you can! :>

Also, if you have some killer settings youd want to share with us, please state amp and settings!
esp1234
UG's firs-ahscrew it.
3,090 IQ
My peavey classic 30 is coming on wednesday
Can't WAIT
Dust_to_Dust
Fade to Black
1,722 IQ
Peavey Valve king 100 (Y)

great amp for its price IMO
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
hmmm_de_hum
617 IQ
Not sure if it counts, but i had a Classic 50/50 EL84 power amp in my rack, sounded pretty responsive and mean.
HellBent1337
1,637 IQ
Peavey Classic 50. Amazing amp!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
xFilth
Phrygianist
4,753 IQ
Seems like the Classics really are the best amps out there for anything but heavy?
Fama
Nubnub
197 IQ
Quote by xFilth
Seems like the Classics really are the best amps out there for anything but heavy?

For the price, I believe they're pretty damn good in USA at least. In Europe, Laneys at least would compete I believe, but they're still not bad.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Black__Dog
269 IQ
Thinking of getting a classic 30. I'd probably get it off Thomann for €600. What are its strong/weak points?
Mathamology
noise. MOAR NOISE!
3,721 IQ
I've got a Valveking 112, which I'm very happy with. I've replaced the tubes from the stock, and I've currently working on a 2x12 cab (2 celestion 30's) to replace the crappy Valveking speaker. Once that's all set up and working, I'm gonna turn my combo into a head (i.e. remove the stock speaker and construct it a whole new casing).

But yeah, I'm a big Peavey fan, I'll be looking into getting a XXX or a 6505 (or whatever) as my first 'proper' amp.
the memory
Hoots Man!
1,664 IQ
using a peavey wolfgang as my main guitar just now!

currently saving up for a 5150/6505!
Top lel.
phip
653 IQ
Classic 30 FTW
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
mcrfobtai
Hates mcr, fob and tai
489 IQ
Loving my C30. I've liked most Peavey tubes I've tried. The exceptions being the vk, which I think is a horrendous amp. Sterile cleans and an all around bad lead channel.
zeppelinpage4
1-800-GOLDEN-GOD
2,921 IQ
Classic 50, little too large but sounds great.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
suckmahnuts
I no longer have dry nuts
607 IQ
i got a VK 112 for christmas and now i'm wishing i waited a bit longer for a used C30 to go on craigslist, and one did about two weeks into january. i'm still happy with the VK but i would love to have a classic
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Tom_hatton
Banned
1,696 IQ
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Not sure if it counts, but i had a Classic 50/50 EL84 power amp in my rack, sounded pretty responsive and mean.

Had? Don't tell me you sold it I needs one for when I build my rack.
littlebigmatt
255 IQ
i got my peavey 6505+ and 6505 cab in february and have loved it ever since, and the looks people give me when i walk in with it. and not forgetting of course the amazing sound i get from it
One on Sunday
is a zombie?
648 IQ
i have a valveking 212. i love it. i'll post picks later if i have the chance
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Delta Blues 210 tonight off of craigslist for $350. Not. Too. Shabby... Will post pics later if I can stop playing long enough to grab my camera. Was looking for a C30 or Traynor YCV40 but this came along first. So what was I supposed to do??? *smirks*
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Sharck
340 IQ
I'm in the market for a new tube amp, I want something to give me a bluesy or garage blues tone, and I stumbled across this.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/685222067.html

(Its peavey by the way, that's why I put it in this thread)

What do you guys think? As Peavey fans, is it a nice amp? And isn't 60 watts a little ridiculous? How am I ever gonna be able to overdrive that without going deaf?
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
For $275 it's not bad. You could certainly do worse. My buddy had one years back and it is a loud freeking amp. I see these used in Chicago somewhat often for the same price roughly. Go try it though, that is the only way to see if it will fit your style. Don't be afraid to crank it a bit or you won't really know what it can do.
the memory
Hoots Man!
1,664 IQ
since this is a peavey thread, i thought id ask here!

i was in a shop a few weeks ago trying out a 6505
and the guy in the shop told me "the matched cab for the head is perfect, the sound is phenomenal, there is nothing better"

however, from other people and on this site, i hear people say the stock peavey cabs are very muddy sounding and i also see people prefer to use it with a marshall cab...

so i ask, are the stock cabs really that good? or was the guy bs-ing and i should look into a marshall or something?
Top lel.
darkarbiter7
i love amp
4,594 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
For $275 it's not bad. You could certainly do worse. My buddy had one years back and it is a loud freeking amp. I see these used in Chicago somewhat often for the same price roughly. Go try it though, that is the only way to see if it will fit your style. Don't be afraid to crank it a bit or you won't really know what it can do.

Nice. What tubes do you have in it?
I still have all those JJ 12AX7's too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
MortifiedLizard
The Angered Reptilian
582 IQ
I've got an 80s Heritage VTX 212, with the tube power amp similar to the more popular Deuce series amps. I like how it's tone almost seems to combine elements from an AD30HTC, AC30, and Plexi.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
MortifiedLizard
The Angered Reptilian
582 IQ
Quote by Sharck
I'm in the market for a new tube amp, I want something to give me a bluesy or garage blues tone, and I stumbled across this.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/685222067.html

(Its peavey by the way, that's why I put it in this thread)

What do you guys think? As Peavey fans, is it a nice amp? And isn't 60 watts a little ridiculous? How am I ever gonna be able to overdrive that without going deaf?

I have almost the exact same thing. If you get it, try and upgrade your drivers to Warehouse British Leads someday, it's well worth the investment. Otherwise it's a fantastic amp for the money.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Saving up for a 5150.

I intend on using black metal tones out of it, and since I hear it + a Celestion Vintage 30 would be great for boosted mids, I cannot wait.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
HellBent1337
1,637 IQ
Picked up my peavey classic 50 for 260$US, tweed is a little scuffed, but it sounds absolutely amazing. I'll just need an EQ for the lead channel.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
dinosaurjr
76 IQ
I have some cheap peavy amp than came with my squier strat a long time ago...dont use it.
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
A Bandit?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
bjovi400
UG's Sarcastic Private
3,160 IQ
Quote by the memory
since this is a peavey thread, i thought id ask here!

i was in a shop a few weeks ago trying out a 6505
and the guy in the shop told me "the matched cab for the head is perfect, the sound is phenomenal, there is nothing better"

however, from other people and on this site, i hear people say the stock peavey cabs are very muddy sounding and i also see people prefer to use it with a marshall cab...

so i ask, are the stock cabs really that good? or was the guy bs-ing and i should look into a marshall or something?

it depends on what speakers are in the peavey cab. im not entirely sure what are in the stock cabs, maybe Sheffield? but V30's are where its at.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
the memory
Hoots Man!
1,664 IQ
Quote by bjovi400
it depends on what speakers are in the peavey cab. im not entirely sure what are in the stock cabs, maybe Sheffield? but V30's are where its at.

im pretty sure the peavey cab doesnt have V30s

i was maybe gonna go for the marshall 1960AV i think it is, with the V30s?
Top lel.
chris024
917 IQ
ive got a rage 158 ive destroyed practicing my bass through. but it was terrible when it was brand new anyways
yoyodunno
Tanned
928 IQ
I've got a peavey triple xxx super 40.

BTW i found a secret to adjusting the triple xxx's since its a little hard with the active eq and how each knob kinda affects the others. What i do is put the treble and bass at full boost, and mids at 12 o'clock. Then i'll adjust by taking away a little bass, a little treble, and add a bit of mids so it doesn't sound scooped.

Oh and i'm using some Mesa EL34's that were already in the amp and it sounds good. If they ever blow i'll try kt77's tho(not that there is a lack of bass if you eq correctly).
Last edited by yoyodunno at Jun 24, 2008,
RCShadow
44 Years Young
416 IQ
It seems OT now but...I have a Peavey HP Signature guitar and I love it . Mine is the Gold top.

Chris
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by darkarbiter7
Nice. What tubes do you have in it?
I still have all those JJ 12AX7's too.

On my to grab the Delta Blues now. He says it has the original tubes in it and rarely played it but you never know. *fingers crossed*

Edit: It never hurts to cross your fingers people. Got the Delta Blues 210 in the trunk of my buddies Monte Carlo SS. Pics later. Sovtek power tubes, one Sovtek preamp and two Electro Harmoics. Err? Needless to say that didn't sway me. $350 out the door, running... *Damn that things heavy*
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 24, 2008,
Firequacker
UG is my homepage...
1,174 IQ
I have the JSX. Playing with a BC Rich IT Beast (bleh), into the JSX, and out of an Avatar 2x12 with dual v30s.

'Tis incredibly juicy for mid-boosted, full-tone lead

But I'm having trouble getting a really chugging, but still biting sound out of the crunch channel. Tips?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Van Noord
Deactivated
937 IQ
Quote by Firequacker
I have the JSX. Playing with a BC Rich IT Beast (bleh), into the JSX, and out of an Avatar 2x12 with dual v30s.

'Tis incredibly juicy for mid-boosted, full-tone lead

But I'm having trouble getting a really chugging, but still biting sound out of the crunch channel. Tips?
I also have a JSX and play it through a Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and a H&K 4x12.
The JSX really thickens up when you dime the master volume and leave the channel volumes lower. The amp also sounds better with the effects loop engaged and it's send dial set to 8 and the return dial set to 2.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
a_hub10
761 IQ
I have the Windsor halfstack, thinking of getting a 6505 soon.
john0307
366 IQ
I have a GT-8 multi-fx processor, and I'm thinking of using a Peavey tube combo amp, since they are great tube amps with effects loop, and using its power amp section. Now I want to know which amp is the best for the most headroom, and great speaker.
I'm deciding between the JSX Mini Colossal (because I can use the XLR output to plug into the PA system and just turn up the volume on the PA so it could stay clean), Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Valveking 112, and the Windsor studio combo (also has XLR output.)
Now I don't rather care which amp sounds good by itself, just if the power tubes won't break up early if I put a preamp modeller into the effects return jack.
Last edited by john0307 at Jun 25, 2008,
darkarbiter7
i love amp
4,594 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
On my to grab the Delta Blues now. He says it has the original tubes in it and rarely played it but you never know. *fingers crossed*

Edit: It never hurts to cross your fingers people. Got the Delta Blues 210 in the trunk of my buddies Monte Carlo SS. Pics later. Sovtek power tubes, one Sovtek preamp and two Electro Harmoics. Err? Needless to say that didn't sway me. $350 out the door, running... *Damn that things heavy*

Yay!
If you are still interested in the JJ's, PM me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator