hey guys i have shortlisted 2 guitars -

the Ibanez RG2EX1 and the Ibanez RGR421EXFM

which one wins?...which one shud i go with?
I'd go with the Ibanez.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
whichever one might have an edge pro...
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
id say the RGR

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
To be perfectly honest, they both look awful. Between the two, I'd get the first one and swap out the pickups to something listenable, Dimarzio D Activators or something with an SD Invader.
play them both with your current amp, and see wat one you like best.

its your guitar, not ours.
RGR. the RG2 is so un original
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by Gregoric

+1, get a 1570 instead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with the Ibanez.

Damn, someone said that already. I really should read the comments before making one ><
You dont want an RG AT ALL. Trust me. I have an s520ex. You want an S series Ibanez. TRUST ME. WAY better playability and tone. Try one. You will fall in love.
Quote by Lemonpie9090
You dont want an RG AT ALL. Trust me. I have an s520ex. You want an S series Ibanez. TRUST ME. WAY better playability and tone. Try one. You will fall in love.

...That's subjective...That's the most opinionated post I've ever read. He should go try both an RG and an S and see which one he likes, but what you stated is purely opinion. Besides, most S's are only 22 frets, and that bugs the hell outta me I need my 2 full octaves per string dammit (OCD rage)!
The RGR... It's... more exciting?
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by Gregoric

I think both of them are hardtail guitars?

Either way, they are solid work guitars, great to mod and upgrade overtime. Either way, it's a good choice.
oh dang. if they're hardtails that's different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
in the S series i like the SA120 ir simething like that but the GRG421EXFM has really won my heart!
Quote by Serendipity
...That's subjective...That's the most opinionated post I've ever read. He should go try both an RG and an S and see which one he likes, but what you stated is purely opinion. Besides, most S's are only 22 frets, and that bugs the hell outta me I need my 2 full octaves per string dammit (OCD rage)!

Dumbass. Mine's 24 frets. Ur stupid
Get an S series. The prestige line has 24 frets.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
No, not all S prestiges are 24 fretters. It's only the S5470's that have the 24 frets. The others are all 22.

Here's the question. Are you gonna swap pickups. Cause well otherwise, IIRC, the are basically the same guitar, minus the cosmetic difference.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by Empty Box
No, not all S prestiges are 24 fretters. It's only the S5470's that have the 24 frets. The others are all 22.

Here's the question. Are you gonna swap pickups. Cause well otherwise, IIRC, the are basically the same guitar, minus the cosmetic difference.

and the s prestieges are fairly expensive

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1