this is mainly targeted at the users between 15 and 30 who dont have kids, but whatever.

do you ever get a "parental feeling" about a younger kid you know, (but not that well)? cos i am feeling this way about someone at school, its really weird because usually people would develop romantic feelings for someone, (and i have felt that way before about girls of my own age).

can anyone tell me what the hell is up with my mental state?

(bring on the jokes, *yawn*)

EDIT: just to clarify, i dont have romantic feelings for a kid
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Last edited by chillrock at May 26, 2008,
Quote by chillrock
do you ever get a "parental feeling" about a younger kid you know, (but not that well)? cos i am feeling this way about someone at school, its really weird because usually people would develop romantic feelings for someone, (and i have felt that way before).

can anyone tell me what the hell is up with my mental state?

Yes, I suppose so. However I'd have to know them pretty well in order to care about them enough to feel that kind of instinct.

I don't know what you are talking about with the romantic thing. Surely the type of person you would have paternal instincts towards is completely different from the type of person you would develop romantic feelings for? Please clarify.
*sits back*

*waits for pedobear to show up*
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by rigiddigits

I don't know what you are talking about with the romantic thing. Surely the type of person you would have paternal instincts towards is completely different from the type of person you would develop romantic feelings for? Please clarify.

yes, thats right. basically i was saying that i have had crushes (romantic feelings) on girls like every guy does when he goes through high school, but this time it's paternal (non-romantic).

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
wow, i was going to give you a whole slew of jokes about pedophiles and woody allen but now you inserted that yawn and it just took all the fun out of it, i feel immature now darn!
Yeah I know what you mean, but I'm too immature for it to happen real often lol. Usually when I'm around little kids I kinda sink to their level rather than feel "parental".
I'm kinda like that, I like to look out for them if they get in trouble, but that's about it. There's deffinantly something wrong with you fancying every young kid you come in contact with.
TRANSFORMICE

No I think it is a natural thing to wanna look out for some kid. Maybe not like a parent. But more of a big brother.
im callin the cops... lol
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by toaster_poodle
Yeah I know what you mean, but I'm too immature for it to happen real often lol. Usually when I'm around little kids I kinda sink to their level rather than feel "parental".

i dont act parental, i actually do "sink to their level" as you put it and act like a kid myself.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
My avatar says it all

Yeah I know what you mean, girlfriends little bros. I always feel I need to be a role model
"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."
- BBC News

End This Fad, It's Gone On Far Too Long
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
No I think it is a natural thing to wanna look out for some kid. Maybe not like a parent. But more of a big brother.

agreed
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

yes, that is more accurate than my original self-diagnosis. it is more of a "look out" for someone than "be a parent" to someone.

so you reckon it's natural?

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Had to do it:
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by chillrock
yes, that is more accurate than my original self-diagnosis. it is more of a "look out" for someone than "be a parent" to someone.

Yes.
Quote by slogankid1
Had to do it:

its pretty sad that there is actually a picture of this..... so much for a mature discussion on something i think is a proper problem.

i should have known better than to look for maturity on the net....

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by chillrock

Yes, it's totally normal. That's why they have mentors and stuff in schools. I'm guessing it's a girl, and that's why you feel weird, right?
I do
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
to the helpful people: thanks

to the jokers: ............... keep looking.............

............. keep looking.................

............ keep looking.................

................... keep looking.................

made you look

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by rigiddigits
Yes, it's totally normal. That's why they have mentors and stuff in schools. I'm guessing it's a girl, and that's why you feel weird, right?

no, actually it's a boy, which is (obviously) an even greater weirdness factor, and i am straight and not a pedo.

it is "big brother to little brother" feeling.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by chillrock
no, actually it's a boy, which is (obviously) an even greater weirdness factor, and i am straight and not a pedo.

it is "big brother to little brother" feeling.

Oh, ok. It's a shame that you were feeling uncomfortable about it. I'm sure you have no reason to be. It's nice to have someone look out for you when you're at school, and just because you're not related doesn't mean you're not allowed.
well, don't have paternal feelings towards anyone,but I feel like a friend of mine is my little sister. She's even called me her big brother before. Even tho she's older,I just tend to be more like an older brother to her. But,I know her really well.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by rigiddigits
Oh, ok. It's a shame that you were feeling uncomfortable about it. I'm sure you have no reason to be. It's nice to have someone look out for you when you're at school, and just because you're not related doesn't mean you're not allowed.

it's a real a relief to hear that, thanks a lot.

i realise now that the source of my torment was not the brotherly feeling, but the uncomfortable feeling; whether i should or shouldnt be feeling like i do, but youve helped me there. thanks.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Quote by chillrock
it's a real a relief to hear that, thanks a lot.

i realise now that the source of my torment was not the brotherly feeling, but the uncomfortable feeling; whether i should or shouldnt be feeling like i do, but youve helped me there. thanks.

No problem
so wait, you're saying you feel like a parent/sibling to a boy who is much younger than you, correct?

i don't see a problem with that. as long as you're both on an understanding, and it's mutual. i kind of know what you mean, actually. i'm an "adopted brother" with three guys i know, all of them from big families, but i'm an only child. so i kind of get the experience and they get someone to complain to.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I always freak out when parents let their two year olds rampage around playgrounds and fall off all over the place... when those children fall off the sets and die their organs go to two years olds that survive those falls. :[ it's a viscious circle

considering my sister before my birth got a liver transplant from a little girl who fell like that. I always get really protective aroudn playgrounds it's kind of weird i know but hey...

I reign supreme in my own damn mind.
wait do you mean you feel like a parent/leader/caretaker for a kid?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I act parental quite a lot. But that's just what I'm like.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I feel like i have to act like a parent to one of my friends. He's been through treatment and jail already, and he's only 20. He would stay sober after his month of treatment, and a month of jail, but once he got out he was only sober for a few weeks. Dumbass started smoking again, and then this older guy got out of jail the other day and they immediately went to drinking. I knew his PO was going suspect something and give him a piss test.
I mean i think drinking and smoking is fine, but not when your risking going back to jail for 5 more months. Words can't explain how pissed off i am at him. He's one of the few people i can actually call a friend and he's ****ing up his life.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Threadstarter, my best friend who I've known for 4 years knows this kid since the kid was 3 and my best friend was 6 and he was like the big brother figure. He still is, like he won't hear of it that the kid has a girlfriend. Kind of an empty nest feeling you know, I think though its normal and my best friend is the youngest in his family so thats cool he can guide some one. So good for you man.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
i get a big brother feeling with all my close friends that are girls. only the really close ones though. its close enough to a parent feeling
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
thanks for your help

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50