My cousin plays guitar in a hardcore band, and he hates it. He's not even into hardcore, but he wants to play, so he joined.
This band is apparently pretty solid, I've never heard or seen them, but they've already had gigs.
I want to start a stoner/desert rock project, and I want my friend to join. The problem is, this is only an idea at the moment, I haven't written any songs, and it consists right now of me, myself, and I.

Is it wise to convince my friend to leave a solid job and take a chance on a risky venture in a genre of music he's probably never even heard of before?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well first and foremost I would find some other band members if I were you.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Why does he have to leave the other band, can't he be in two bands? Or just have a few jam sessions, and see which band he would like to focus more on.
First, don't ask him to join, ask him to jam with you.
If he likes what he hears, he'll join you, yourself, and yoo.
Quote by Underjoggle
Is it wise to convince my friend to leave a solid job and take a chance on a risky venture in a genre of music he's probably never even heard of before?

why does he have to leave his job? shouldn't you work around it until you know whether the band will go anywhere?
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
I guess he doesn't have to leave his current band.
Thanks guys.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!