So I started jamming with some musicians and we considered covering Highway Star.

The tabs for it on this site aren't too good so I just used it as a reference and tried to figure the rest out be watching videos and listening.

Right now i've pretty much got the entire songs down except for some basic fills however i'm having trouble on the fast part of the solo.

Is he just tremolo picking really fast on the high E string? Or is there a specific technique to play that? Cause I just can't seem to get those notes up to speed and pick fast enough.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
It's just picked 16th notes, just start at a comfortable pace and build it up to speed.
^ If it's no trouble, please do.

I figured out most of it by watching Jun626's vids and what i'm doing now sounds right. SO it would be nice to see if i'm close, but I think i'm playing it right.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ If it's no trouble, please do.

I figured out most of it by watching Jun626's vids and what i'm doing now sounds right. SO it would be nice to see if i'm close, but I think i'm playing it right.

eh sorry, i lost the magazine, i though i had it when i posted earlier. good luck with that solo, it's really fun to play.
^ Yeah I couldn't put the guitar down for two days.

I think I got all the notes down now as well so that's all good. Just need to get this second part up to speed somehow. I guess it's just in practice, i've never really done much fast picking like that.

im pretty sure this is how it goes... it sounds pretty right when i play it anyways... go easy on me if its wrong, seeing as i dont have the song or my guitar with me at the moment

ok for the first part of it, i play each of these parts 8 times.

part 1
e--5-6-7-7

part 2
e--6-8-10-10

part 3
e--8-10-12-12

so thats that part... now for the next part, i play it the same speed, but play this....

e--17-17-0-0-15-15-0-0-14-14-0-0-13-13-0-0-12-12-0-0-11-11-0-0-10-10-0-0-9-9-0-0

then go back up to the 12th fret, and go chromatically down to the 3rd fret, then back up to the... 8th fret i think it is...

so yea thats how i do it... again take it easy if its wrong...