Now, sites like google, youtube, yahoo, ect are making a killing right now. they offer simple services and get paid from advertisement. many people have already found out how to never deal with advertisement on the web again. with little to no income, how long can these sites last?

EDIT: you can also apply this to television. how long can that go for?
There will be a worldwide "Internet Tax".

You think I'm joking? Just you wait.

Anyway, websites know how to deal with anti-ad programs. More than once I've been given a message telling me to disable it, so they could receive their funding.
google are like tesco. like tesco are taking over england, one on every corner of your town.
google are on corners of most sites.
If you google google you'll break the internet, do not try it, we've had a couple of close calls in the past.

I believe there was a thread on it before.

<-<
>->
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I'm not sure about the ones you suggested, because they're already so huge. I think when something bigger and better comes along, it'll shut the others down.
Quote by Kiffa
If you google google you'll break the internet, do not try it, we've had a couple of close calls in the past.

I believe there was a thread on it before.

<-<
>->

Can you google google to google google?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
microsoft developed a site called..."cashback" or something like that and it offer you money to use their site to search for stuff and other things so that you'd stop using google...it was on the news one day...i guess bill gates doesnt like google
93% of teenagers listen to rap music,if you are part of the 7% who listen to good music, put this in your siggy
Quote by hazzmatazz
I think when something bigger and better comes along, it'll shut the others down.

how will those sites come to power? how will they make money?
The people who are net savvy enough to use ad-blockers won't ever click on ads anyway.

The people who do click on ads are the same noobs who dont use ad blockers.

Therefore, adblocks dont actually alter how many clicks ads get, just how many people see them (which i know is the point of ads, but on the net is pay-per-click).
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by punkrocker10115

Oh dear, that hurt my head.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by punkrocker10115

if you do.... youll find the pathway to the very centre of the universe....
the asparagus people live there. i know ive checked
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by punkrocker10115

Yes you can, by using MSN.
I don't think enough people use ad blockers yet. But when they do, I'd say that there will be some sort of internet tax - like someone else already said - to allow the big sites to stay up. Which kind of sucks because that means that other smaller sites, which is what all of the current big sites were at one time, will not be able to grow. So its possible that the wonderful open source internet that we've always known, that anyone that could make a decent website could be an important part of, might change into just another money making market.

God that would suck so much. And yeha it already is a money making market but I mean that every site you visit may one day belong to some big internet corporation(s) that you have to pay in order to use. Imagine having to pay for every website you visit... and they all suck because big companies do them instead of normal people like us. Money seriously ruins everything.
We're only strays.
Quote by elliott FTW
if you do.... youll find the pathway to the very centre of the universe....
the asparagus people live there. i know ive checked

I thought the internet would implode?
Quote by reaume140
microsoft will one day consume the internet, and own the whole thing.

Really? I see it as happening the other way, with all these programs like Firefox which people are finding more efficient and convenient, so i see it as Microsoft losing it's grip over the internet.
RULE BRITANNIA
Obviously, they're going to last until they get to invest in genetic researching and cause a zombie epidemic.
Or at least Google.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Tomorrow, YouTube will close.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!