Okay, so Now I need to look at a new amp and a distortion pedal.

My band is gunna play some shows this summer, and my amp sucks.... so I need an amp thats at least 30w and sounds great for rock. any suggestions?

For a pedal. I'm looking for something that is capable of playing lighter rock and can be switched over for a heavier sound( AKA metalcore)

any suggestions?
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
budget?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
for distortion pedals definitely try the Metal Muff .... i've been using for a year now and still love it
Quote by Thrash93
for distortion pedals definitely try the Metal Muff .... i've been using for a year now and still love it

I'm not sure that'll do for the lighter rock stuff.

The Digitech DF-7 will probably fit you best. Its sound isn't extremely great but it's still very good and you can change it from a light overdriven sound to heavy scooped metal distortion. I used one about two years ago and i loved its versatility. I was also thinking of the Boss SD-2 but that won't give you such a heavy sound.

As for amps... maybe a Roland Cube?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
If you got 300 bucks buy a Super Champ XD. They're great.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Well, considering I'm buying another guitar as well as a pedal and amp , I'd prefer the pedal be under $200 and the amp under $400. So basically I'd like to keep it totaly under $500

any more suggestions?
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

Last edited by Bloodoath at May 26, 2008,
So how important is playing metalcore to you? If it's very important, a used 5150 combo and a footswitch is all you need.

If you're more about mid-gain rock, try a Crate V50.
Well.. I play alot of metalcore, but the band I'm currently in plays lightish rock, similiar to that of Saosin. However I might be starting a metalcore band soon. So its important, but its not a number 1 priority.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'

I'd advise a 5150 combo. I play in a classic/pop rock cover band, and I use a 5150, of all things. I'm on the clean channel 98% of the time.