How is this amp voiced, British or American, or neither?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
British.

Think Voxy.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at May 26, 2008,
It's voiced dark.

But seriously, I can't really tell myself. Maybe Britishy? But it's not a full on British voicing.
well its pretty similar circuitry wise to a fender champ, however the the EL-insert number here output tubes make it very british sounding. mostly british voiced, but uhh, not %100 british. its like, new england haha
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by maggot2011
Not to hijack your thread (sorry if I do, really) but with a Distortion or OD in front can this amp do metal or hardcore loudly?

If you're on a budget, and play metal, go SS. Please.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
A darker version of a british flavour of OD.

Quote by the.spine.surfs
If you're on a budget, and play metal, go SS. Please.

Double win for this man.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by maggot2011
Not to hijack your thread (sorry if I do, really) but with a Distortion or OD in front can this amp do metal or hardcore loudly?

With a Damage Control Solid Metal it does metal quite well.

That may be an expensive option for you, however, as that pedal costs almost as much as the whole VJr stack.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Double win for this man.

agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got my Epiphone stack last week and I am very pleased. Course, at my age, I live in Classic Rock land most times and it is excellent for this.

To keep the pressure levels at a reasonable place, I ordered a Ted Weber Mass Attenuator with a Tone Stack. I also have been using a Boss OD-20 Drive Zone and am very happy.

The Eminence Lady Luck 12" driver in the cab sounds sweet (yes, very British) but I use the OD-20 to get the sound I need if the stock OD isn't it. To the ones that said it sounds "dark", well, it does lack some upper end treble but the Boss and Weber tone stack fix that quite nicely.

It is nice to hear every note that is played with such clarity .

Good luck in your choice

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at May 26, 2008,