I know Kim nekroman of the nekromantix made his own stand up bass
anyone here ever made their own and wanna help me?
Quote by nekromantic
I know Kim nekroman of the nekromantix made his own stand up bass
anyone here ever made their own and wanna help me?

Do you have any idea how complex an upright bass is? Acoustic basses make building an electric look easy. Building an upright makes those look like nailing two pieces of wood together.

They are expensive for a reason.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Not to mention the very specific top bracing, curvature, and proportioning. The fact that you're asking questions about it at all to me indicates that you're not quite ready to build one.

However, let's not forget about Bogdon bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Maybe he means an electric upright bass? Those don't look so hard to build.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
yea, its an electric
hahahaha, kim nekroman made his out of a small coffin so i doubt they could be too hard to build
I guess you should get the dimensions first, like how long the neck is and everything, then you can start getting your materials ready.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by shotbythepope
I guess you should get the dimensions first, like how long the neck is and everything, then you can start getting your materials ready.

I just had a new idea, i ws thinkin get an electric and then make it fit on the coffin so it could look like an acousitc?
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Quote by nekromantic
I just had a new idea, i ws thinkin get an electric and then make it fit on the coffin so it could look like an acousitc?

Dude, do you work for the band? Everything I've ever seen you say on this forum has to do with them.

That said - sure the bass looks cool. But it sounds like total crap. Total crap. And look at that neck joint - it's as if the dude cut a cylinder in half and just glued it on an angle onto the top edge of the coffin. There's no friggin neck joint.

Electrics are 34" scaled, not 42", like uprights.

Come on, dude.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Wonthefu
It's basically like building a much, much larger lap steel guitar...

I should make one.

How the hell is this:

Anything similar to this?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
In what POSSIBLE way?

Acoustic lap steel?
Quote by Cody_Grey102