My friend is going to learn bass so he can join our band, but the bass he ordered, an Ibanez GSR-200, has messed up pickups. The only way to get any sound out of the bass is to turn BOTH of the pickups all the way up. It didn't use to do this, but after about 5 hours of playing it out of the box, it screwed up and did this. He got it from Musician's Friend, so its not used, and I want to know what the problem is, or if there is some way to fix it without sending it back.
Send it back, if you try to fix it and screw it up you're basically ****ed. Or send it to a guitar repair shop, which the warranty will not cover and you'll find yourself losing money.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
No send it back.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
The GSR-200 is an active bass, so if it did that after 5 hours, my guess is the battery in the back, which could have been in a while, has gone flat. Its just one of the 9 volt things, just remove the small cover and replace it. If it doesnt solve the problem, then send it back.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by twowheels
The GSR-200 is an active bass, so if it did that after 5 hours, my guess is the battery in the back, which could have been in a while, has gone flat. Its just one of the 9 volt things, just remove the small cover and replace it. If it doesnt solve the problem, then send it back.

It's actually passive
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Double Basser
It's actually passive

I think they come in both variations.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
If its passive it's probably the wiring or one of the pots. Check to see if it's active first, but if its not send it back, there's no point paying somebody to fix it/voiding the warranty if you do it yourself when your well within your right to just make them give you a new one
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis