To have an amp with effects on it. ( Roland Cube 60)

or have an amp and have a pedalboard, (single pedals), multi-effects pedal

explain me please
Quite obviously, a nice amp with a nice pedalboard (not a multi- FX). The multitude of tonal possiblities makes up for what you lose in portability and simplicity .
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Quite obviously, a nice amp with a nice pedalboard (not a multi- FX). The multitude of tonal possiblities makes up for what you lose in portability and simplicity .

It's debatable that a Vetta and a floorboard are better.

Regardless, it's a stupid debate. What works for YOU, TS, is what's best.
Amp with a pedal board is better..

The effects quality and range of control is always better... The exception for some(as stated above) is amps like the Vetta
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Multi-effects units and digital effects built into amps are very often inferior to good individual effects. A good tube amp and a good pedal board can be customized to fit the needs of your style. No sifting through extra stuff just because it's built-in.
Last edited by carpepax at May 26, 2008,
It's worth pointing out that, with high-Z equipment (like guitar-specific effects units), long cable runs through big pedal boards degrade the signal somewhat. And yes, I'm aware of the effect of true bypass and buffers in a signal path.
the example of the cube 60 since I own one... With something like that you get a lot of limitations. There's a knob you turn to pick an effect... would you like delay... would you like trem... would you like reverb... etc... oh you want more then one? get a pedal board....sorry...doesnt do more then one at a time...

only thing it gets you is amp tone emulation which of course is not as good as a real amp but then you need more then one... the multi-effect systems tend to get better amp emulation but then with the extra effects you have issues with being locked into a particular brand of pedal tone... if you like a boss tone of one pedal and a line 6 with something else and something else for another you can't do it.

only benefit of multi effect pedals is usually being able to either A) interface to a computer for recording and B) ability to program a combination of effects in a chain and then save and recall them on demand being able to go from really clean to any order of pedals you want
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
Quote by rolas92
which can be a good tube amp?

The sheer amount of ambiguity in that question is mind- blowing.

What's a good food?
is because i want a good amp, in which i can build a good pedalboard,, but i do not know the amp that i need

i was thinking on a Roland Cube 60
because it has great effects
but if later i want to have single pedals?
Quote by rolas92
is because i want a good amp, in which i can build a good pedalboard,, but i do not know the amp that i need

What style of music do you want to play? Do you play in a band and/or will you be gigging? What's your budget(very important)? Do you have a truck, car or bicycle?
I play many styles ( metal to blues )
i do not play in a band
my budget is 600 dollars
truck

xD
amp with pedals
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce