Right so in college I use Logic Pro 7.
Its my birthday soon and I am planning on getting logic 8 for home use.
So what is the difference between logic pro and logic express because express is alot cheaper?

Thanks in advance
I have Logic Express 7. LE 8 is wonderful in comparison. Logic Pro 8 is now bundled with Logic Studio and it has a ton of stuff. It's got all of the Apple Jam Packs included, software specifically designed for making soundtracks, etc. Logic Express is their basic, cheaper version of pro. If I were you I'd get Express. It'll have everything you need. If you were a professional and had a lot of money to spend, then go with Logic Studio.

http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/
The price difference between Logic Pro/Studio and Logic Express is nowhere near as big as it used to be, I think Studio only costs about twice as much as Express, so if you can afford it go for it. However, Logic Express is still an excellent program, and most of the stuff you get with Studio is software synths, samples and loops so if you use it mainly for recording and don't need those things it's fine. I've just finished the second year of a Music Tech degree and I find Logic Express fulfils pretty much all of my needs.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
The price difference between Logic Pro/Studio and Logic Express is nowhere near as big as it used to be, I think Studio only costs about twice as much as Express, so if you can afford it go for it. However, Logic Express is still an excellent program, and most of the stuff you get with Studio is software synths, samples and loops so if you use it mainly for recording and don't need those things it's fine. I've just finished the second year of a Music Tech degree and I find Logic Express fulfils pretty much all of my needs.

Where did you go the music tech degree?
Im doing my first year in college now.
Is it worth doing the degree?
Logic Studio is pretty much the best value-for-money music program ever. I personally prefer Pro Tools, but for the price, and the sheer amount of software you get, Logic Studio can't be beaten.

A music tech degree would definitely be worth it, at the end of the day a degree is just letters at the end of your name, but it can present a whole new level of work and employment for you. It could take you much longer to climb the ladder without, but of course it's all about if and when you get a break in the industry. It can happen any time.

Just look around and make sure you'll enjoy doing the course - music tech degrees can come in many different shapes and I ended up spending 2 years on a Music Tech & Popular Music course that severely lacked in the tech department... Packed it in now, though.
Last edited by _deeperthewound at May 26, 2008,