so, i just bought a Kustom Tube 12. 12 watts, 8 inch Celestion speaker, all tube (i think), and it sounds amazing. of course i am comparing it to my old 15W ss practice amp, but still. very versatile, i can get distortion anywhere from light bluesy stuff to almost enough for metal. about what you would hear in a typical Van Halen song. so it sounds a bit like a 5150/6505 when you crank the distortion. cleans i would say are pretty decent, i haven't tried a single coil through it so all i get is the dark tone of a humbucker. i would put pics up but i don't have a digital camera. i may put up some sound clips later. end of rant.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Its a hybrd amp, so not fully tube
Would be nice to hear clips still though, as these Kustom practice amps come highly regarded
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
ya, i figured out that it's hybrid. but it sounds so good. as for it being highly regarded i didn't know that i just saw one sitting on the floor at the closest guitar shop, decided i would give it a run seeing as i was looking for a new amp anyway, and fell in love with it. i'm happy with the amp so it's hybrididity isn't a problem.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
As long as your happy with it
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Nice man

I really think Kustom are coming back. Their amps seem to be good reviews everytime!
Quote by False_God
Nice man

I really think Kustom are coming back. Their amps seem to be good reviews everytime!

ya. i would definitely recommend this one to anyone who wants nice cleans and good-sounding distortion for a good price.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
well seems we're on the bragging page here i just bought a hughes and kettner 100 watt switchblade tube head, getting a 2x12 greenback cab tomorrow
Good luck with the switchblade have had 4 in for repairs in the last three months. Hope its just a fluke.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
i have one....

total piece of ****.

its status has been lowered to my monitor for recording through my POD, it doesnt leave my room, and never will.

the "distortion" on it is seriously the worst thing ive ever heard in my life. the cleans remind me of an MG from marshall.
I like my Kustom Practice amp. It's the arrow 16r. I got it for $100 and for the price, nothing else I've played has beaten it.
Quote by LP Addict
i have one....

total piece of ****.

its status has been lowered to my monitor for recording through my POD, it doesnt leave my room, and never will.

the "distortion" on it is seriously the worst thing ive ever heard in my life. the cleans remind me of an MG from marshall.

ummm, please refer to Commandment #1 in this group.
and as far as i'm concerned, you can gtfo. this is my thread after all.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
I have a Kustom tube 12a, and I think that its pretty good for the price, though the eq is kind of annoying, the mids are basically on or off...

Oh, and I don't particularly like my strat through it, but I think that is most eq problems.

Edit: oh, and it sounds about a million times better if you run it through a 112 cabinet.
Guitars-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Evo XM with EMG 81/85
Epiphone Stratocaster
Eastman AC120 Dreadnought
Martin Backpacker
Squire P-Bass
Kala Mahogany Tenor Ukulele
Last edited by Bandrew at May 26, 2008,
LP: that was the worst/lamest/stupidest attempt at sarcasm that i have ever read. where did you grow up? with a bunch of nuns and a priest who raped you as a child?
oh, and thanks for the advice bandrew.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Quote by LP Addict
Yeah, my response was based on the fact i was raped as a child and looked to nuns as my mother-figures. pure genius bro.

as i said before, lame attempt at sarcasm dude. and learn to use your space bar right.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Quote by LP Addict
i have one....

total piece of ****.

were u referring to the switchblade or the ts' amp.