What have you guys done to get enough money for an awesome amp or guitar you always wanted. Any stories of special jobs, funny incidents, etc are welcome.
I sold my bumhole to a skinny rich white guy in order to get some picks.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I worked at a place where I had to deliver beer and was not allowed to drink any of it - imagine my suffering
well my amp came from california. i live on the other side of the continent and in Canada!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I can’t think of anything all that significant. All that I can tell you is I’ve spent over £1500 on new gear in the last nine months - all from my disgracefully low, under 18 wages.

£1500 Spent / £3.40 Hourly Rate = 441 intensely boring hours (to the nearest hour) spent in the garage down the road.

Oh the lengths we musicians go, just to get a better tone.
i got a job and saved for 4 months.......then i got the ibanez x and ibanez x tone blaster half stack
i applied for a job at starbucks........ :/
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I only spent around $5 in a month and a half to get my wah pedal. All the other stuff I got as presents.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I spent countless hours listening to parents, coaches, and children all yell at me for making the "wrong" call, while simultaneously getting sunburned till I looked like a strawberry.

I hate reffing.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Quote by Ringtone
I spent countless hours listening to parents, coaches, and children all yell at me for making the "wrong" call, while simultaneously getting sunburned till I looked like a strawberry.

I hate reffing.

hahahaha yes! been there
i called this music store and asked them if they had a peavey VK 112 that i could try out, they said no but they had the 212 version for half price but i only had like $30 at the time so i called my grandma and got a loan from her. hahahaha i still owe her money like $390 now. its a long hard payoff but i got the amp so im happy.
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
I serve ice cream to stupid, fat tourists all day.

If anyone here has been to Wild Willy's Ice Cream in Dorval and been served by a bored, pissed-off white guy, fuck you. And thanks for the tips.
Quote by Tomaz24
I can’t think of anything all that significant. All that I can tell you is I’ve spent over £1500 on new gear in the last nine months - all from my disgracefully low, under 18 wages.

£1500 Spent / £3.40 Hourly Rate = 441 intensely boring hours (to the nearest hour) spent in the garage down the road.

Oh the lengths we musicians go, just to get a better tone.

Oh, quit your crying. I worked 15 hours on the sabbath day and a national holiday this weekend.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by figsandbobo
Oh, quit your crying. I worked 15 hours on the sabbath day and a national holiday this weekend.

For tone?
NO!

... or at least probably not.
Quote by Tomaz24
For free?
YES!

... or at least probably so.

Fixed.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by EyeHatePunks
I worked at a place where I had to deliver beer and was not allowed to drink any of it - imagine my suffering

ooo that'd kill me

I, a boy/man/teenager/16 year old (that took a while) of sence, save in advance. for example; I see a nice jackson for an even nicer £200. I have £700 in the bank. soon after i Iave £500 in the bank and a jackson in my room. simple
I got a klondike bar.

Wait...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████