I've never owned a guitar that buzzed...
I
t's a 69' reissue telecaster and it buzzes unless i rest my finger on any of the hardware. It happens even when i'm on my clean channel...I've tried multiple cables and amps, so it's neither of those.

How do I fix this?
Does it buzz when you have your hand on the strings...?

I know some people with guitars that buzz unless your basically playing.

Does it go away when you change the volume? You should be able to figure out which pickup has an issue this way, or a pot. It could be your Volume or tone pot or a Pickup...
It's a bad ground. I know nothing about wiring so I can't help you with it, but I do know that it is a bad ground.

It's not loose hardware...
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
It's a bad ground. I know nothing about wiring so I can't help you with it, but I do know that it is a bad ground.

It's not loose hardware...

none of my other guitars buzz though?
I'm saying your guitar wiring has a bad ground, it's a bad ground on that particular guitar. Amps and everything else can have bad grounds too and in that case you'd have the same problem with all your guitars but in this case the wiring of the one guitar is messed up.

Like I said I don't know anything about wiring, I just know the symptons. If I knew how to fix it, I'd fix my guitar which has the same problem.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by sobrandnew2232
none of my other guitars buzz though?

meaning your other guitars are grounded. you need to open your guitar, and make sure there's a wire attached to your bridge or something. i forgot what guitar you said you had, but in teles and strats, one of the wires always goes to the metal bridge.

search grounding in the search bar and i'm sure you'll get something.
_______
|||||||||||||||
As someone already said, it's probably your ground wire. The human body acts like a giant antenna, so your guitar picks up all of those radio waves coming off your body. They give a good tutorial here on how to shield it properly to get rid of that. I used the strat version myself, and it wasn't too difficult while still making quite a big difference: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/tele.php
Thats because all of your other guitars have good grounding. Just give your guitar a nice inspection ad make sure that ALL of the wires are connected to something. If they arn't, post a photo and we'll tell you where to solder it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
its the ground within the guitar. usually they ground it to the bridge, but in this case it seems like either they haven't, or your bridge is picking up a signal and rerouting it through you're guitar. which is why when your hand is on it, it grounds on there, instead of looping it back through. no idea how to fix it, try shielding you're cavity if you haven't already, but if that doesn't work, then just keep your hand on it.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
okay now i see you have a tele. no problem, because i just rewired one. there should be a wire that comes up through a small hole from the lead pickup section of the cavity, and the metal from the wire touches the underside of the bridge. on my american standard, it looks pretty crude, just having the wire smashed under there, but that's how it came from the factory.

i hope your reissue is similar.
_______
|||||||||||||||
thanks for all the suggestions...
guess i'm off to work on it now...it really annoys me

oh btw it's got a seymour duncan hot rail in the bridge.

but i usually play clean with my neck pickup so i don't know if the hot rail affects antying
The neck is single coil, correct?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Singles generally always put out a little mains (60/whatever else in the rest of the world hertz) hum, but if this is really loud, then I'd say: yeah, it may be a grounding problem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.