Page 1 of 2
a long time mayb not since january. i use to pop loads but now i seem to play softer
My acoustic has strings that are four years old and I just have not got around to changing them.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Around a year and a half...haha first guitar. didn't know any better
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
i think i had strings on my strat for close to a year if i remember right.ive kept strings on my classical for maybe 5 or more months, my father had strings on his 70s acoustic for i could guess close to 30 years cause he never played it lol it was a bitch to change them things lol if my camera starts working right lol ill put pics up of my gear
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
christmas of 06.. (when i first got it) i play it about every day, though ive changes the high and low e a couple times.. its a fender mim, and i tune from drop d, eb, to e alot. ive never changed all my strings on any guitar(still stock fender bullets), i dont know how to properly, nor have i compared the tone
Well I went for about 9 months or so on my Squier Strat, not sure how, but I did.

I've gone from December untill now on my Ibanez RG, haven't changed strings once. I'm happy with my sound so i'm not sure whether or not to. Last time I changed mine was on my strat, and that was a f.cking mess.
I think I usually wait about 6 months before I change my strings. I know I should change my strings more often, and when I change my strings I get a really nice tone on the E, A and D string that sounds kind of metallic (I don't know if that effect happens on all guitars). I only change my strings when the intoneation goes really bad. Before I changed my strings 2 weeks ago, the 12th fret on my high E sounded closer to an F.
Uh the longest was about 6 month months on my acoustic.. I was dying to get them changed.
~Gigantic Underøath fan~
Quote by Jammin'
you've been playing for 7 to 8 EIGHTS?

Also check out my band Smiles In Sickness
Quote by Greg Harper
4 months - I play flats.

You should really try playing some sharps too! And some whole notes! And...
Oh wait, strings...doh!
3 months with the stock squier strigs! sounded sooooo bad...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I've gotten 6 months out of my Dadarido set 13 gauge strings. then the high e broke. to much metal. Be aware I kept my guitar at drop A tuning though. On my guitar I KEEP TUNED AT STANDARD tuning I can get 4 months same brand of stings just a gauge 9 cus i cot flyod rose on that one.
About 5 months. I really cba, with ma floyd rose it's so much hassle. Plus I use D'arrios or elixirs, so they last well.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
its been about 4-5months since ive changed mine, cause im broke right now, but d'addario's hold tone quite well, so im alright for a week or two til i get some cash
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Ive had mine on my acoustic for 7 years....and I actually use it alot so its not just sitting around
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
Probably nearly a year. When I broke a string on my first guitar I had my sisters husband restring it for me and just never restrung it afterwards, lol. I felt the strings on that guitar not long ago and they are grouse feeling/smelling lol.
hmm prolly the longest I went was like 2 and a half months I was broke a lazy =O
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
uhh about 8 months
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Well, on my two active guitars (for my band), probably 1 or 2 months. For my semi-hollow '50s Epi - probably 3 years now as I rarely take it out and play it. For my old junker 1st guitar (Squier) - probably 1 year. For my "camping" acoustic guitar - I haven't changed the strings since my sophmore year in highschool.... which would be approximately 11 years ago!!!
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
I'm still using the stock strings on the beginners guitar I bought 5 months ago. I play it every day. A lot.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
9 months on my nylon string. When I got new strings it sounded so much better that it gave me the illusion that I was a better player. I just love the sound of new strings.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
i just got started on guitars when i got a nylon string in last sept and its funny because i dont really remember any difference in tone since im not experienced, but i know they should be changed just by looking at them. so i guess 8-9 months
These nylon strings I have on my Eterna have lasted me about 2 years so far. They still sound as good as you would expect.
It took four months of straight playing on stock Ibanez strings. One broke so I bought a set of Ernie Ball super slinkies.

I swear, I must've have been listening to my old strings through my ass, because they were crap compared to these new strings.
Signature
Page 1 of 2