i own one and its pretty awesome
heavy as ****, but if you want that fender sparkle for cheap then its the best in the price range
Quote by DiMeTiMe
In short? No.

Long version: It's a frontman, so no, it won't sound good. Not to mention there's no point to a sh*tty gigantic solid state, just get a tube amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i got a 15 watt frontman
and the clean sounds alright, nothing special
but the overdrive sucks horribly
i would`t recomend it, not really a bad amp but i really hate that tone
is a verry mudy OD tone
but the cleans are good, very bluesy
but i think you would be better with a laney LG if you want that vintage sound or a LX for modern sound
anyways i think laney makes awesome amps for the price
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I own a frontman myself, but it's my backup amp... not one I'd want as my main playing amp. I use a Marshall for everyday use, but I have the Fender just incase the Marshall ever breaks down. The clean sound on the Fender is great, but can never really get the distortion I want out of it.
Quote by dutch5367
I own a frontman myself, but it's my backup amp... not one I'd want as my main playing amp. I use a Marshall for everyday use, but I have the Fender just incase the Marshall ever breaks down. The clean sound on the Fender is great, but can never really get the distortion I want out of it.

exactly what i was trying to say
a frontman with a ME Pedal is a great practice rig.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
You will very much regret buying that amp. My friend had one and it sounds really, really bad. and not just bad distortion, which has already bean established, but nasty, dead sounding cleans too. Also, if you are looking for volume stay away from solid state stuff, tube sounds MUCH louder to the human ear. Example 18 watt tube sounds like 50 watt solid state percived volume.
i run my pod into the clean channel, its pretty good from volumes 1 to 4, after that it starts to clip alot. :[

Im looking to upgrade soon.
I have that same amp basically and I have not touched it since I bought a tube amp. I don't know or remember your playing style but get a tube amp period. You will sound better and thank yourself later. If you want to run out an buy a 15w solid state later for practice or whatever it might be OK but there are better choices out there for ss.

;
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
could you name a tube amp that is 100w and $330.00?

You gonna be playing some arenas there, bro?

Tube amps are much louder than Solid State amps are, as someone has already mentioned in this thread. A 50w tube amp you can't really play in your bedroom or in an apartment, they're generally that loud.

If you want a practice amp, I suggest the Fender Super Champ XD. It has an emoticon in its name, it's tube, it has the Fender tone, and it's cheap. If you want something more fit for gigging, I suggest a Peavey Classic 30 or 50. You can find the PC on eBay for 4 hundred or so, just know that they're heavy as a motherf*cker.

Read on here a little bit, see what people are suggesting in other "which amp" threads. You'll see some good options for relatively cheap.
^Hybrid
It's alright, nothing special.
c30 can be found for that and are excellent amps. Other than that, A Palomino V15 goes for 280 during sales at GC. Great deal imo. You could find a Valveking too.
Quote by litus
i would`t recomend it, not really a bad amp but i really hate that tone
is a verry mudy OD tone
but the cleans are good, very bluesy
but i think you would be better with a laney LG if you want that vintage sound or a LX for modern sound
anyways i think laney makes awesome amps for the price

If you want an LX i would suggest using a distortion pedal. i own the LX65R and the distortion channel is horriiible! never used it!

LC's are good, but more expensive. worth it though.

TM
i had it it was so good i couldnt handle it and returned it the next day

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

What kind of tone are you looking for? Then we might be able to give you some suggestions.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
The Tube Alternative[stock 20 watts can be upgraded to 30 watts by power tube swap and rebiasing it] is the Fender Super Champ XD. Gives you a nice range of tones. Check my sig.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
I think i'm gonna get a Fender Frontman 212R.

Is it any good?

Take this from someone who has the 65R, the 65-watt version of what you want.

First- you DON'T need 100 watts. I've had the smaller 65-watter and haven't EVER turned it above 3 or 4 for a gig.

Secondly- LISTEN TO EVERYONE, if I was smart back in the day I would have bought a tube amp but didn't have these wonderful people to listen to so I bought this and now I regret every single day since the day I bought it.

Depending on what you are looking for and your budget, check out the Crate V series or Palomino series used, also check out used tube Fenders (Blues Junior w/ a boost)... just go try out tube amps and see what you like.

Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Yes there are some Crates and others to add to your long list of options and then narrow down from there. The Fender SuperChamp XD is prolly a great hybrid amp to go with. The Blues Jr new may be out of range but worth a look used. Also Blackheart 15w. Others.

And the Valveking can work too at low volumes but doesn't have the fender clean sound obviously as it is more geared for metal. I can get tube break up at vol.4 gain 4. on lead channel. Stock.

2 cents

cya

;
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
Is 75w enough to be heard in a small gig?

It's a Line 6 Spider III

75 watts is enough. Enough to melt the balls and peirce the ears off everyone listening to your crap tone.

LISTEN to everyone. They are telling you to get a tube amp for a reason. You can afford it and it will sound better and be louder than an SS amp of the same watts.
Stop asking about shittttttty amps and get a good one that someone here has recommended.
^
Yes 75w is plenty
No ddon't get it because Spiders are some of the worst amps made!
Get a nice tube combo!
is this your first amp? if not what amp did/do you have now?just go for a palomino or crate
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Yeah, in your price range, don't go with an SS.
T00b combo FTW!
Peavey Classic 30's can be had for little coinage when you get them used. They also have one of the best tone:price ratios of any amp on the market today (especially when you get them used).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Peavey Classic 30's can be had for little coinage when you get them used

just go for a palomino or crate

Yes there are some Crates and others to add to your long list of options and then narrow down from there. The Fender SuperChamp XD is prolly a great hybrid amp to go with. The Blues Jr new may be out of range but worth a look used. Also Blackheart 15w. Others.

And the Valveking can work too at low volumes but doesn't have the fender clean sound obviously as it is more geared for metal. I can get tube break up at vol.4 gain 4. on lead channel. Stock.

Depending on what you are looking for and your budget, check out the Crate V series or Palomino series used, also check out used tube Fenders (Blues Junior w/ a boost)... just go try out tube amps and see what you like.

c30 can be found for that and are excellent amps. Other than that, A Palomino V15 goes for 280 during sales at GC. Great deal imo. You could find a Valveking too.

Quote by !!ANGUS!!
TELL ME SOME TUBE COMBO AMPS $200-$350 50w to 100w

Buddy, Amps have been recommended!
Just go to local stores and try them out, then find a used one that you like!

Plus, you don't need 50 watts.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
50W tube=volume at 1/2 and deafness ensuing

30W tube is fine for gig

15W is fine for jamming

5W for individual practice.

^FOR TUBES
Quote by !!ANGUS!!
could you name a tube amp that is 100w and $330.00?

dude, there is a reason that it costs 330. besides, i doubt you need a 100 wat amp. i bought one and it's way to loud. the master volume never goes over 0.5. just save up a bit more, and buy a decent quality tube amp. peavy, fender and crate makes some decent, not fantastically-amazing-blow-your-ears-off-distortion-OMFG, amps. if you want to drop some serious cash, check out fender's more high end models for cleaner, classic rock sounds and ENGL or marshall makes great hi gain amps.
I don't know about Marshall being considered high gain...

I think ENGL would be the high, Marshall would be the classic rock, and Fender would be the gritty blues OD.

Just me.

Seriously man. Just get a freaking Classic 30 or a small Fender or Palomino.

Thank you. Goodnight.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yes, get a freakin classic 30.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator