which pedal should I get for playing psychobilly and/or punk on a semi hollow body epi?
What type of effect do you want?
What's your price range?
What kind of amp are you playing through?
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
ehh, kinda like a rockabilly sound but more evil sounding hahah
and im looking at under 200$
and right now im playing through an ibanez tone blaster 65 watt
First off, I don't think you're going to get anytype of tone out of the ibanez toneblaters, so i would reccomend trying to sell that, and save some more to buy a mid-gain tube amp, such a tube marshall ( NOT MG's), a traynor, or if you really cannot save, a peavy valveking. That should get you closer to the sound your looking for.
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
First off, I don't think you're going to get anytype of tone out of the ibanez toneblaters, so i would reccomend trying to sell that, and save some more to buy a mid-gain tube amp, such a tube marshall ( NOT MG's), a traynor, or if you really cannot save, a peavy valveking. That should get you closer to the sound your looking for.

i also have a fender 15 watt
and my friend hooked his pedal up to my amp and it sounded cool
but it wasnt what i was looking for because he had high distortion on it
Quote by nekromantic
i also have a fender 15 watt
and my friend hooked his pedal up to my amp and it sounded cool
but it wasnt what i was looking for because he had high distortion on it

a fender 15 watt (unless its a blues jr.) is stilla solid state amp. Solid State amps do not use tubes, and generally sound much worse then amps that do use tubes, and toneblasters are oneof the worst series of Solid state amps as well. Therefore, I really think you should consider getting a tube amp, or at least a higher quality solid state one (such as the vox valvatronix series or the roland cube series).
But my biggest suggestion, as you sound like someone who is not really familar with gear,is to go to your music store, and try out all the amps and pedals you can, to get a better idea of what you want, and whats available.
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Vox AD50VT