Do you have any aspirations to get an important job/become very succesful in life ?

Page 1 of 2
I put it to the house, that anyone that regularly lurks in the pit will never amount to anything, become a success ( muscially doesnt count).

Do none of you have dreams of becoming a doctor or a lawyer or making somthing out of your life instead of trolling the pit ? ( except harmy )

I say this because recently i watched this video and all the Uk's secrets became locked inside my head, now im a secret agent taking a part time job at HVM as a front

Anyone else feel this way?
Last edited by *Juno* at May 26, 2008,
I wanna be the very best...

!
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
im gonna be a doctor. this way, when people say "the pit isn't a doctor, go to the hospital.", i will correct them.
Quote by bendystraw
im gonna be a doctor. this way, when people say "the pit isn't a doctor, go to the hospital.", i will correct them.

This man wins
success to me can only be measured in how happy you are, and im really happy
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by Sol9989
I wanna be the very best...

!

...that no one ever was.
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Im sure of us will amount to something, id like to think my life is going somewhere as im about to go into the final year of a Masters degree in electronic engineering :p im sure im not the only one

doesnt mean i dont enjoy reading some of the crap that crops up in the pit lol :p
I will become Surpreme Ruler of the Universe, establishing a tyrannical authoritarian regime and slaughtering millions.
I too will be a doctor, I've already chosen my A levels so I can study medicine (hopefully at Glasgow or Cambridge).
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by the_bear_shark
...that no one ever was.
Too catch them is my real test.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
Too catch them is my real test.

To train them is my cause...ba dum dum
I love politics, philosophy, history, writing... I just want to give a bash at writing a novel, it'd be such an achievement for me especially as I'm dyslexic and dyspraxic. I'd kill to gave that opportunity to try that without the hindrances I have

I REALLY want to go to Uni and I'm working my ass off right now. I just want to do something academic as, it's what I love.
I'd like to be a writer (for magazines, newspapers, books, websites, whatever.)

I think most people here are either too young to have realistic goals or do have them and you've just never really heard. I also call bullshit on the whole spy thing.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I do, occassionally. Like when i'm young, my parents told me im gonna be super smart and **** and be a doctor. i told them i don't like it , then they're like ok now be a lawyer. so now i'm in highschol, but my marks are pretty low. i'm going to university for arts, and then to law school, but really my plan is to go there for arts, just to gain some experience in the field, and use my new found skills that i will learn to be a in the music and movie industry. my parents don't know this, but i secretly want to be a famous rock star, bigger than the ****ing jonas brothers. then hanna montana can suck my dick. Yah. Its prbly not gonna happen cuz im lazy though. maybe i'll just be an actor or somethign i dono yet. But ya i want to be important and famous,
I'd like to be a famous actor because I love movies but will probably never really try it. As long as I make a good living I should be happy. Have my own house with the wife and maybe kids.
Of course I'd like to become a successful musician, but I'd also equally like being a successful author or scriptwriter or something.

I've also wanted to go into politics and try my hand at fixing out screwed-up political system, or become a diplomat of some sort.
kill all humans
Quote by *Juno*
I put it to the house, that anyone that regularly lurks in the pit will never amount to anything, become a success ( muscially doesnt count).

Do none of you have dreams of becoming a doctor or a lawyer or making somthing out of your life instead of trolling the pit ? ( except harmy )

I say this because recently i watched this video and all the Uk's secrets became locked inside my head, now im a secret agent taking a part time job at HVM as a front

Anyone else feel this way?

Oh yes, because if a person uses a forum like the Pit or any internet site, they will never amount to anything.
Well.... I want to get in a serious band during in uni, failing that, audio engineer, producer. Something to do with music anyway... Girlfriend is hopeing to be a doctor though, she need's 5 A's to get in Glasgow, and she's been worrying about getting an A for Higher History =/

Edit: but yes... you can't put it past someone to say they're are happy with what they have, even if it is a part time job at HMV, and you tell them that they arn't happy because they never wanted to be a surgeon or high maintainence careers.

And not to work with music....?
Games Tester, how awsome would that be? Getting paid to play games and tell the devs what they could improve on. Mum's friend's son get's paid £40k a year to do that. Jealous. For Rockstar too...
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Last edited by Scrubs at May 26, 2008,
Important and successful are different for everyone. You can't call anybody not successful if they're doing what they love and having a good life.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
im going to own UG and the whole world including you, your wive/girlfriend and sons and daughters
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by gryphonguy
Im going to be President.

ill vote for you

bull****, im from argentina, i cant
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
I'm going to go into radio and present a show on BBC Radio One before I'm 30
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I would enjoy being a politician, if I ever had the chance. Otherwise, I've got several options. Being labeled "successful" isn't a major goal of mine, though - so long as I can work with something I enjoy.
I'm a communist. Really.
Well I'm off to Uni in September to do Wildlife Photography. I'll hopefully get somewhere after my course is up.

Eventually I want to be successful. Like successful enough to have a few children of my own. Prefarably in my parents' lifetime. I'd better get cracking I guess.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by thegreenmile
success to me can only be measured in how happy you are, and im really happy

that makes no sense

you cant determine success soley on happiness.
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
^people have different opinions on what sucess is, deal with it.

He's happy so you could say he is succesful in what he did to make him happy
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I know what I want to be but never really have an exact clue how to get there. Plus my family thinks it's a waste of time because it "probably doesn't pay much." Curator/anthropolgist, it is. I am in love with history and hopefully I get to be part of it. Or I could just be an artifact go-to person for black market dealers.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I'm goig to be a mathematician , discover things that no one cares (or understands) and be happy.
Quote by Scrubs
^people have different opinions on what sucess is, deal with it.

He's happy so you could say he is succesful in what he did to make him happy

sorry didnt mean to sound like a douche

i read somewhere that success is knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.

so being successful ends up being a journey not a destination. this way youll never have the problem of trying to arrive at a final destination. there's always something to strive for.

edit: back on topic i guess...im an electrian and have somewhat questioned my decision lately but now im thinking of getting into work with solar and wind power, to help out the environment.
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Last edited by clancy256 at May 26, 2008,
Quote by clancy256
that makes no sense

you cant determine success soley on happiness.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on UG.

Which arbitrary scale do you think success should be measured on then? When is one "successful", in your eyes?

Who's got the better life / is more successful: Joe Bloggs who sweeps roads from 9am till 4pm for a living, has a small house in a little town and is genuinely happy with life, or John Doe who's got a massive mansion, works as a stock broker, works between 6am and 6pm and is miserable.

If you think John Doe then be prepared to have a sh*t life.

Ah well, at least you'll have a massive telly, who cares if it'll never make you happy!

Quote by clancy256
sorry didnt mean to sound like a douche

i read somewhere that success is knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.

Surely everyone's purpose in life is to be truly happy? When you're on your deathbed would you rather look back and think "man, I had a good house" or "I'm happy"?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at May 26, 2008,
Page 1 of 2