wanted to try skateboarding. can anybody tell me a good beginner skateboard?

Page 1 of 2
As long as it's a standard size/shape board, you should be fine. My VERY first board was Hudson, but when I started again I got a Darkstar.
there are no "beginner" skateboards unless u mean a dept store one, get a alien workshop, a darkstar or a enjoi
Just go to a skateshop and expect to spend about $140 American for a new complete.
Avoid Wal-Mart and places like that.
Quote by DoomSentinal
Don't get a 20 dollar board from Walmart or Toys R Us.

I never made that mistake... Twice...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Get a medium size blank deck. Cheaper and easy to learn on. Forget about brands until you get better.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
get a 2x4, nail some roller skate wheels on it. thats what we did when i was your age.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by humperdunk
get a 2x4, nail some roller skate wheels on it. thats what we did when i was your age.

how old r u? must not be that old cuz it says boobs for your sig. either that or your a creep?
Quote by _synystergates_
how old r u? must not be that old cuz it says boobs for your sig. either that or your a creep?

Do you think people stop liking boobs when they get old?
Gear:
Quote by _synystergates_
depends, how old r u

depends on what?
Gear:
Fracture are ok, But remember, You wanna get good, then drink milk, Lots of it
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by humperdunk
Do you think people stop liking boobs when they get old?

BURNED!!!!

Also how old are you _synystergates_? because you type like a five-year old.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
I tried skating once.

Tip: don't start headbanging on the halfpipe. not even if they are playing angel of death
two and a half men.
ok im 15
Gear:
Quote by humperdunk
depends on what?

hahaha. well lets just say its odd for a 14 year old boy being told that this one dude is THAT old that they barely had what you can call a skateboard. and yet he has 'the sex machine' and 'boobs' written all over his posts. and still, god knows how old u r cuz u still havent told me. have you ever seen that show perverted justice?
Quote by _synystergates_
hahaha. well lets just say its odd for a 14 year old boy being told that this one dude is THAT old that they barely had what you can call a skateboard. and yet he has 'the sex machine' and 'boobs' written all over his posts. and still, god knows how old u r cuz u still havent told me. have you ever seen that show perverted justice?

i said 15...
Gear:
there's not technically a "beginner's" board.

i skate bakers, but its all just personal preference.

you'll probably want a 7.75 unless u decide u like them smaller, then go with 7.5

as for trucks and wheels...

destructo, thomas, or tensors are good trucks.

wheels; i skate spit fires, but again its preference.

bearings: i skate bones swiss but REDS are good too.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
actually, you can go to skatewarehouse.com and get a complete for only 100$ 110 at the max

i'd recommend an almost* deck, because they have really good pop to them
kingdom trucks (they're a bit on the heavy side, but they're durable and good for beginners)
and spitfire wheels, because they are just awesome
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
yeah so it was 'bout a year ago. those were the days...
Gear:
Quote by avenged_Freak
wal mart, n00b

NO!!!! DEAR GOD NO!!!

Those boards suck ass through a straw. Get one of your friends that skate to take you up to a skateshop and help you pick out gear.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by an epic mistake
NO!!!! DEAR GOD NO!!!

Those boards suck ass through a straw. Get one of your friends that skate to take you up to a skateshop and help you pick out gear.

I was going to say, that sounded like a bad idea anyways
go to your local skateshop and they should help you out. I'd get a blank (its cheaper).
i dunno a lot bout skating, haven't done it in a while.

All i remember is that you want bones (the bearings). get bones
Gear:
Get whatever you want man, but make sure it's from a local shop and NOT wal-mart

I got

Girl Deck
Flip Wheels
and Tensor Trucks
and all I know is my bearings are abec 7's
I've got a Heroine deck, Tensor trucks, Spitfire street wheels, and China Bones

EDIT: Go to your local skateshop and get a deal on a blank setup. The main things to watch for is that the board feels good under your foot: it needs a good amount of concave but not be too thin or wide for your foot. Also, check the kingpin on the trucks: look down the deck, if the kingpin's poking out over the top of the truck then they're sh*te and you'll have to replace them when you start learning to grind.

To recap:
Blank deck, branded trucks, generic wheels, generic abec-5+ bearings

The trucks are the most important to begin with, imo, because you'll end up having them for a long time.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at May 26, 2008,
Get a fishboard and be kewl, ppl will see u sk8in by on the boardwalk and shout 'raw movez!'
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by ThePeacefrog
I thought people outgrew skate boarding when they were ten....

Dude, I don't know what you are talking about but around here it seems Skateboarding blew up! You can't go anywhere without seeing atleast 3 guys ride by on wood.

I took 3 rocket power skateboards last year to skate park by Yankee stadium.

Many lulz were had as they snapped in half and wheels fell off.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
Get a medium size blank deck. Cheaper and easy to learn on. Forget about brands until you get better.

lol?

If anything, you start out on name brands, and as you start snapping boards, you begin extensively using blanks.

On Topic: Just buy whatever deck has the coolest graphics (in your opinion). A really wise worker at my local skate park said that it shouldn't be the physicality of the board, but what your impression of the board is in every way.

Besides, you'll get used to the board no matter how ****ty it may seem in the beginning

EDIT: Forget what I said, Yakult knows what he's talking about.

I've been using the same trucks for a year and a half to back up that statement.
Last edited by Havox at May 27, 2008,
Quote by filthandfury
As long as it's a standard size/shape board, you should be fine. My VERY first board was Hudson, but when I started again I got a Darkstar.

I skate lots and id say go with darkstar amazing brand
Plan B, the greatest deck I've ever had. Don't buy cheap bearings or you'll regret it. As for wheels and trucks, pick something moderately priced.

If you are planning on giving up in a week (like many people i know) buy one at Canadian Tire, if you don't have Canadian Tire in your country then move to Canada.
Start with blank decks man. It's cheaper and does the job perfectly well.

Go down to the local skateshop, ask for a blank deck, and Jessup grip tape (you don't want ****ty grip tape that'll wear down quick). Look for any cheap wheels around the 54-55 mm range. For trucks, I would say Tensors (I use em so I'm biased), Grind Kings, Destructos... Ask what they recommend too cuz this piece of hardware will last through several decks. Bones Reds are good, cheap bearings that last for awhile, look out for those. That should be it.

^it doesn't matter about the graphic like some guy said, chances are if you use it as much as you should, the bottom of your deck will be all scratched up from wear and tear/ollies/boardslides.

Get an instructional video too, learning how to Ollie is quite tricky at first
Quote by edcore
Start with blank decks man. It's cheaper and does the job perfectly well.

Go down to the local skateshop, ask for a blank deck, and Jessup grip tape (you don't want ****ty grip tape that'll wear down quick). Look for any cheap wheels around the 54-55 mm range. For trucks, I would say Tensors (I use em so I'm biased), Grind Kings, Destructos... Ask what they recommend too cuz this piece of hardware will last through several decks. Bones Reds are good, cheap bearings that last for awhile, look out for those. That should be it.

^it doesn't matter about the graphic like some guy said, chances are if you use it as much as you should, the bottom of your deck will be all scratched up from wear and tear/ollies/boardslides.

Get an instructional video too, learning how to Ollie is quite tricky at first

He won't be grinding during the first deck. And I don't know about you, but my graphics stay on for a few weeks after I buy it before wearing off.

and how else are you supposed to pick a certain board from a certain brand?
Page 1 of 2