How hard is it to get into Oxford university as an undergrad ?

Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine.
I'm on the pavement, thinkin' 'bout the government.
haha
hard
god im immature
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Pretty hard.

Even perfect grades won't get you in.

You need to perform well on the interview, have great grades and have GLOWING references.
AAA and probably another A and you have to do an interview, be well into your subject and do extra curricular stuff and all that.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by II Chives II
How hard is it to get into Oxford university as an undergrad ?

You need at least two As and a B at A level, and you need to give a pretty solid interview to convince them to give you a conditional place.
Go to a real university where they're not up their own arses and think you deserve a masters just for going to the poncey university. Absolutely ridiculous that Oxford and Cambridge can get away with that.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Harder than the penis of a pedophile at a Harry Potter movie opening.

It wouldn't be worth it.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Go to a real university where they're not up their own arses and think you deserve a masters just for going to the poncey university. Absolutely ridiculous that Oxford and Cambridge can get away with that.

It's just a title, it's not equal to having a master's degree, and employers are well aware of that.
It's REAL hard.

No seriously it's been 4 hours should I call a doctor?
Feed your mind.
Actually, the rate of applicants to places for oxbridge is like 3 or 4 to 1, but at places like manchester or warwick, which are just as good realistically it's closer to 20-30 to 1 so actually your chances are better than you might think (my figures may be out but you get the jist)
Quote by Ed Hunter

Cambridge pwned me with their Biology AICE exam last week
Quote by sergeantfrog
Actually, the rate of applicants to places for oxbridge is like 3 or 4 to 1, but at places like manchester or warwick, which are just as good realistically it's closer to 20-30 to 1 so actually your chances are better than you might think (my figures may be out but you get the jist)
Might be because most people don't even try to apply there.
Quote by sergeantfrog

Maybe fewer apply to Oxbridge?
Is it bad that I read that and my first thought was "That's what she said."

I need to get out of the pit.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Speaking of which, this reminds me of that movie where 2 stoners get into an ivy league school because their dead brother comes back as a ghost when they get high on his ashes and he gives the the answers to the test
Quote by Ed Hunter

This.
My granddad went to Oxford, and he was telling me about how it's barely about the grades, cus you can make the grades and still not get in unless you come from a private school.
ur asking the pit how hard it is to get in to a good college?

if yur that dumb then your not getting into that college,
Quote by Ed Hunter
Those are not the only universities that offer undergrad masters.

I got one from Glasgow, my girlfriend got one from York, my friend got one from Strathclyde, another from Herriot and Watt in Edinburgh.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Pretty hard.

You need to perform well on the interview, have great grades and have GLOWING references.

you need personality and too have a charm. not in a romantic way, bt put it this way, nerds wont get in. im not calling you one, but seriously they want really diverse people-musical, sporty, academia....the whole shebang you have to come acrtoss well in your interview too, have alot of background knowledge of what ur doin nd how it relates to the world atm, ie if its in the news etc. my sis tried to get in and got pooled, but then got rejected
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by sergeantfrog
Because the number of people who meet the entry requirements is significantly lower, and many people from up north would simply rather go to a northern university.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Those are not the only universities that offer undergrad masters.

I got one from Glasgow, my girlfriend got one from York, my friend got one from Strathclyde, another from Herriot and Watt in Edinburgh.

At a lot of Scottish universities you just do a straight off 4 year Masters course. Oxford and Cambridge just let you do your 3 years Bachelors and then a few years later they just give you a Masters for having been there.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Pretty hard.

And then there's the entrance exam on top of all that lot!
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK